Well my IZ 340 finally got here.

After a week delay because UPS lost my rifle,and some phone calls from the ATF and UPS later,it got here. Lord what have I been missing. First off almost no recoil at all. In fact it has almost a two stage recoil,pull the trigger than bang-bump-bump. Free standing I am able to empty all 10 rounds on a 6inch spinner target at 75 yards with Academys "Majestic" brand ammo. This is now my favourite rifle,even in sporting configuration I am in love. However I will have to "one piece at a time" the conversion the rest of the way. Does anyone know there to find a 74 style muzzle break at? I found some at K-var for $100 a pop,is that how much I am going to have to pay? It seems a little steep to me. I have a bullet guide coming in the (not UPS) mail this friday. And what have you guys used to finish the receiver under the trigger plate? Just bluing or engine paint? Thanks.

you have lots of options. if your looking for a '74 brake, contact vlad from sov mil. he has russian brakes, but you'll have to email him. but it will count against you in your parts count. so you may want to look other places for a good US made one. and youll need to swap your FSB out for one with the correct threads, or get an adapter.

i have an arsenal brake and they work really good. its hard to tell the difference between the russian brakes and the one arsenal makes.

congrats on your rifle. now go shoot the piss outta it some more!