Silver solder as a filler

I'm brainstorming ideas here to fill the extraneous holes in my receiver and to smooth out the velcro mark.

I know weld would be ideal, but we just moved to a new city and I know no one. I even tried to get in touch with welders via craigslist and no one wants to weld guns. I know a welder back home, but don't wanna wait til Christmas to get it done.

I may use the JB method, but that would be a last resort.

SO......how bout silver solder? Would this even work.....anyone try this? I'm thinking probably not since I did a few searches and came up with nothing.

never tried it, but i would think it would hold up better than jb weld. is there not any fabricating shops around? try looking in the phone book for some metal fabricators and contact them. it wont take them but a few minutes. or you could just rent a welder for a day. i would rather do that if no one is willing to do it for you.

if you do rent one, use brass as a backer so you dont weld the backer to the reciever.