And I am loving the shit out of it, I sold my M&P 40 to buy a very lightly used glock 20 with night sights a lwd 5.2 inch barrel with flashhider and stainless steel recoil spring and 22# spring. I have only shot 50 rounds through it but the most fun I have ever had shooting a handgun. Very accurate as well kept them all in the bull at 10 yards with some concentration.

Getting ready to start working up some handloads for practice/ woods carry/ shtf.

Couple of questions though, How often should recoil spring be changed since I am using full powered loads mostly and what is everyone carrying for defensive ammunition, I am carrying 155 gr. gold dots loaded by underwood and they seem like the 1500fps they advertise.

similar but not that big, it does a good job of dispersing the muzzle blast on full power loads, in the stock barrel the thing looks like a firecracker plus it keeps the muzzle blast downrange and not to the side distracting other shooters right next too me, yes my indoor range I go to is cramped and not well insulated.

I would want porting, but not the flash hider so much.

Enjoy your new toy. 10MM sounds more fun to me than .44 mag, and since you are doing the loading, it is about as cheap as anything else.

I would want porting, but not the flash hider so much.

Enjoy your new toy. 10MM sounds more fun to me than .44 mag, and since you are doing the loading, it is about as cheap as anything else.

I am the opposite I would hate porting directing gas and blast up into my face which seems to be the biggest gripe about ported barrels as well as the velocity lost. Yeah the flash hider is gawdy but I can live with it plus I shoot the stock barrel most of the time anyway, the LWD barrel was a plus since I like too shoot lead in my reloads. The shitty part is a brass catcher is neccesary otherwise plan on spending 1/2 my range time policing brass.