Quick ? about a new pickup

Hey i'm new here. I just picked up my saiga 223 I got off gunsamerica from my FFL today. I got a deal (or so I thought on it) because I wanted a converted saiga in 223 but didn't have the knowledge or tools to do the conversion or time. So I found someone selling one "preconverted" so they said. They have got it on a trade from someone else that did the conversion.

They only had one crappy picture of it. Now that I got it i'm concerned. The original owner didn't convert shit. He put a stock/pistol grip in one on the rifle & that was it. The trigger group isn't moved, nothing else changed, & I know the 922® compliance stuff & am concerned this rifle may even be illegal in it's current form.

I heard of a stock/pistol grip in one thing while briefly reading about some saiga stuff, but never gave thought that someone would be so slack to slap that on the rifle & call it converted. Now I am stuck with a used rifle that's actually not converted at all & I paid more for it than I would a BNIB unconverted saiga. Fail of a day.

Can anyone confirm If that stock is illegal with the built in pistol grip?

even if its not converted, the basic trigger conversion is not that hard. it can be done with minimal skill and tools. afterall, thats what this forum is for.

Well, I've got minimal skill and tools so I must be in the right place.

• Like 1

Yeah Tim your skills and tools are really sub par! Still trying to wrap my head around doing something like your custom stock and safety in something like Jacaranda laminate for my next project. You really need to tighten up and get it together, :)

• Like 1

Yeah Tim your skills and tools are really sub par! Still trying to wrap my head around doing something like your custom stock and safety in something like Jacaranda laminate for my next project. You really need to tighten up and get it together, smile.png

Uh, all kidding aside, that's one hell of a complement. Thank you very much.

I'll PM you on what's coming up next. You may like it. I mean them.

BTW, what is your next project? PM me if it's secret. I promise I won't tell.

Edited by TacticoolTim
  • Like 2