Drum spring

I don't have any direct experience with the ProMag drums, but I am very interested in what needs to be done.

It went in there once before. I would assume that if the spring is not damaged and none of the parts that retain it are damaged that it would go back in and you could use it like nothing ever happened. Maybe ProMag will chime in. Might not be a bad idea to contact them.

Ok after studing the situation i realized the plastic pice on top of the drum slides out alowing the drum to be turned to get the spring pressure guess i had a dumbass attack

its now back together and works about the same still getting some FTE.

Stock or modified gun? Does it work well with other mags?

Ok after studing the situation i realized the plastic pice on top of the drum slides out alowing the drum to be turned to get the spring pressure guess i had a dumbass attack

its now back together and works about the same still getting some FTE.

If it is feeding fine then it probably doesn't have anything to do with the FTE other than the fact that the tension of a drum introduces more resistance to the action. However, if you put too many turns of tension on the spring then it could have some negative effect on ejection due to the same introduction of resistance, but it will be magnified. MD drums get 3 turns of tension. I am not sure what the ProMags come with.

If you don't plan to use the drum with heavy loads, some people back them off to 2.5 or 23 winds. It puts less friction on the bolt, but may make the drum too sluggish to keep up with the faster cycling high brass.

If you don't plan to use the drum with heavy loads, some people back them off to 2.5 or 23 winds. It puts less friction on the bolt, but may make the drum too sluggish to keep up with the faster cycling high brass.

that's what happened with mine, occasionally i would get a ftf on the first round so i let off some tension and even with low brass the last few rounds the bolt wouldn't pick them up unless i really limp wristed it from the hip, so i wouldn't suggest backing it off, not sure how an md drum would work with this though

Thanks for the info i think ill back off on the spring pressure and see how that does,I really haven't done much to it, changed the stock and put on a tri rail on it .

I'll update how its doing after i try it to see if it makes a difference thanks to all for the help.