Shell hang up

I am having problems with shells (hi and lo brass) hanging up on the top of the bbl hood. they are hanging right where the notch is that the bolt locks into. the edge that the shell rim rests on when chambered is hooking the shell. I have tried numerous mags (SGM, promag, factory) and all types of ammo. I have ben unable to find a fix through the search can some one give me some ideas as this gun is pissing me off. BTW gas is good the gun cycles hard.

• Like 1

Need to take a very light bit off the sharp edge underneath where it's digging into the plastic. Just barely round that edge and lightly sand it so it won't catch the shells.

Thanks for the reply-just the lower edge of the notch? I was unsure if that would fix it as they actually catch on the edge that holds the rim of the shell when chambered, but the notch allows the shell to "ride high" on that side. The rim has a little wear spot right in front of the notch from all the hangups. Would it be unsafe to roll the edge of that rim?

Edited by redhooker