Reintroducing the Saiga 12

I was just clearing my emails and I got notification from KVar. Big letters and pics. Reintroducing the Saiga SGL12. AK pistol grip, RPK style forend. Some with 8 rnd mags and tactical quad rail. Not much of a rail system in my view. 8 models available ranging from $989 to $1094. Ouch015.gif . Guess I didn't know that the S12 had disappeared and needed reintroduced. 021.gif The email wasn't clear if these were imported with the updates or reconfigured once they got stateside. Just thought I'd pass this along.

I just saw it to... my thoughts.

Seems like it might be bad timing with the Vepr-12s on the way into the country. They have , aluminum rails & 8 round mag configuration on some. Not a bad price for those feature including an already converted shotgun. I just dont see it being more desirable then the Vepr12s.

Saiga 12 uncoverted: $600

SGL68 or SGL78: $1,075-1,095.

Now is the extra $500 worth it?

8 round mag $150

Kvar Furniture: $80

Aluminum Rail: $75 (Estimate market value compared to plastic SGM and Tapco offerings).

That leaves $200 dollars allotted to the conversion with a US trigger, not bad.

I was just clearing my emails and I got notification from KVar. Big letters and pics. Reintroducing the Saiga SGL12. AK pistol grip, RPK style forend. Some with 8 rnd mags and tactical quad rail. Not much of a rail system in my view. 8 models available ranging from $989 to $1094. Ouch015.gif . Guess I didn't know that the S12 had disappeared and needed reintroduced. 021.gif The email wasn't clear if these were imported with the updates or reconfigured once they got stateside. Just thought I'd pass this along.

They have US trigger and furniture. The specific model descriptions have more details on the K-Var page.

Edited by Lord Ak-47

Personally I think the s12 and vepr 12s are in their hay day. Fully converted, no linkage holes. Correct trigger guard. What more do people want? Not to mention the new ver.30s and the vepr12s gas system and magwell, & LRBHO....

The "Golden Age" is upon us. Let's hope it lasts. It sure would make what I want to offer a lot quicker and less expensive.

• Like 1

I just saw those Vepr 12's, and it's everything I would want in my Saiga 12 for less. Dammit! Why'd you mention these. The pre-order price is $999; which is a lot less than I spent customizing my Saiga; plus cool factory iron sights, and a last round bolt hold open! Wow!

http://www.blackforgeweapons.com/product_p/bf-vepr12.htm

• Like 1

Hi guys! Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread =) We wrote that we were re-introducing the line because of two reasons. First, we have been out of the SGL12 conversions for quite a while. We've been carring the IZ-109 12 gauge sporting rifles, but nothing that has been converted in any way. Second, this is the first time we've carried the SGL12s with the pistol grip conversion. If you look at our website, you can still see lots of pictures of them without the pistol grips. We're still working on that =) So it really is sort of a re-introduction for us! Plus, I wrote that e-mail myself. So you're not allowed to pick on it wink.png

I see you're also asking if the price is worth it. Yes! It is! You know we're not going to do anything halfway. These shotguns have been converted to 922® compliance using the highest quality parts (Arsenal Inc. made polymer furniture and fire control groups, original Russian magazines, aircraft grade aluminum Picatinny rails, and RPK style handguards). We've made every effort to give you options from the size of magazine to the length of buttstock. Take into account the cost of the unconverted shotgun and the price of each of these parts individually, and then add in the cost of paying a gunsmith for any work you couldn't do yourself - - we're able to offer your a much better value by having the factory do it for you. Plus, it comes with the amazing fit and finish from the factory and the unbeatable one year warranty. In any other circumstance, purchasing one of the sporting rifles and making any changes to it would void your warranty on the working shotgun.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any member of our staff and we'd love to answer them for you. I look forward to getting a chance to work with you!

Michelle Isom

K-Var Corp Customer Service

(702) 364-8880 x 2

customerservice@k-var.com

• Like 1