Mag questions

I am starting to see a common theme with my Saiga 410 (purchased beginning this year i believe).

Not long after I bought it, I was so excited I bought a 30 rnd promag drum, only to find the spring was wound so tight it would not function reliably at all. it crushed the rounds into my gun horribly.

So after returning it I got around to buying an SGM tactical 10 rnd stick mag. I have kept it, but I can only load 9 rounds reliably in it. With the bolt OPEN i cant get the 10 rnd load to lock in without denting the first round bad!

I gave up and just run it as a 9 or 8 round mag, but is there seriously a design flaw here?

the 4 round stock has PLENTY of play after the 4th round is in that it doesnt happen, but the 10 rnd SGM seems to have NO play.

is this only a newer saiga 410 issue???

I will say tho, no misfeeds with 9rnds SGM or 4 rnds Russian mags and Silver Bear 3" slugs (all the range lets me use is slugs)

a super reliable easy to clean system otherwise, and my gf loves it lol

i dont just run bear ammo actually. i have tested PDX with a few rounds, and sadly i had to throw one away because of the damage that occurred (due to promag not sgm)

I believe its the fact that theres no room to play. Much like some AR mags dont lock in with the bolt closed because they have no play in the spring/follower, the SGM is the same problem.

Both promag and SGM had SIMILAR issues, tho not exactly the same. I dont feel like returning a product ive owned for 6 months. I was just wondering if people had similar problems, or if theres a fix

xp, I saw this same thing a few years ago and it has been a topic here at the forum once or twice since then. Go here

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/32231-silver-bear-2-34-slugs/page__p__287883__fromsearch__1#entry287883%A0%A0

and look at the photos. This is the condition I was seeing. Read on down to the bottom and you will see my solution. There are also other posts about magazine refinements and adjustments if you look around.

• Like 1

Thats impressive and bookmarked. Its good to know because that was the same problem I was having

In my case I don't care to modify the magazine any further, but at least I know when I start loading defensive rounds, I won't have a problem. The fiocchi hulls seem to be the right diameter but its tough to tell cause they are emtpy and i dont have any of the other components left. hard to find a source for 000 or 0000 buckshot

thanks lenf