i cut back 5/8 of my fbs to find it to be unthreaded, i have a thread kit but not used it yet, i also have a muzzle brake adaptor inwhich i dont have to thread my barrel to put a muzzle break on , which idea is better threading the barrel or just putting on the muzzle brake adaptor then putting on the brake on it

if i thread the barrrel how do i keep it from coming undone

thanks.

Thread the barrel. Use a crush washer to properly index whichever brake or flash hider you are installing, you can peel a layer at a time off the washer until it lines up properly. I suppose when you get it set just use some red threadlocker and no worries.

If this is what you mean by 'adapter' (not a 14-1 to 24mm adapter), I would strongly advise against it.

Ive heard a few stories about guys using these. They tend to launch 25yds downrange after they loosen up.

I guess they could be made to work though, if you drilled a divot in the barrel for each screw, and used some loctite red. But then you would just be hoping that it didnt flyoff, loosen, become crooked, get smacked by an exiting bullet and maim your self or the guy beside you. Like I said, I havent heard good things about those adapters.

post-31894-0-74155400-1349798130.jpg

Timing your brake will depend on what brake you use. I use a pws fsc and there is a top and a bottom. There are alot of other ones like this. On these kind, there will be some work involved in timing it. Ive never heard of a peel washer, but id check one out. I ended up filing the shit out of my crush washer to get my brake on straight, it works just fine and stays on tight. Loctite blue works just fine for me, ive never had a brake come loose.

You can use something like a phantom or a normal m16 bird cage type(not the krebbs type), and where they stop spinning, your pretty much good. With these kind of flash hiders there will be little divots where the detent pin that your saiga doesnt have is supposed to go. Use those as your top, if you want. I used a phantom and it worked just fine where ever it happened to tighten on.

post-31894-0-95811500-1349800551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boomsick42

You can either thread it or install another FSB altogether.

Thread this barrel, then use either a peel/crush washer to index and lock to muzzle device.

100_9073.jpg

14x11phantomwithcrushwasher.jpg

Or

Remove the factory FSB and replace with a Bulgarian AK74 type FSB & brake.

74-fsb.jpg