no spot for bho in saiga 12 receiver

any one have this issue i took my saiga 12 apart to do the conversion i looked down where the trigger would go and there is no cut out for the bho. any one else ever seen this? all i know about the gun is that it says 2004 on it does not have a threaded barrel and has three ports in gas tube. have not had any problems with it i can shoot walmart light loads on the heavy load settings with no problems thanks for at insight

pics?

Some of the first batches of EAA ones did not have BHO at all, but those were a long time ago. The bho should have a very small slot to the right of the trigger... Is that where you are looking?

I don't want to be insulting, just making sure. You are the first one I have heard of with this issue on anything other than early EAA imports.

Also, are you sure you have your settings correct. The light load setting has the 2 by the detent, and the heavy setting has the 1 by the detent. You want to be sure.

Also, light load is a relative term. What most people here call a light load is the standard walmart 100 pack federal bulk 3dram 1 1/8 oz 1200 FPS birdshot. That is about the weakest that most will run reliably and is considered to be the baseline. Pretty much all of them will run 3 1/4 dram loads just fine, and those are pretty light too. If mine would only run right with 3 1/4 dram or heavier, I would service it.

yes it is a eaa import and yes i have it on setting 1 and i shoot the universal cheap ammo in a pack of 100. i do know what the bho slot looks like from looking at other saigas just never saw one or heared of one with out the bho slot in it. but thanks your information was what i was looking for and thank you. is the a big difference between eaa and other importers seems people shy away from eaa thanks

EAA was just the first importer. the BHO was an update because the american market demanded it. A lot of the early ones like yours (and one of mine) were made with slightly heavier barrels IIRC, which some consider to be a plus.

Do you also have the cool vent rib? if so you have an IZ108 which are now less common and therefore desired by some.

Lots of people hated that vent rib, but I like it.

part of the reason your gun is shooting the light loads well is probably because the 22" barrel has a fixed full choke which helps some with the cycling. That and Big Bear Arms, Kalashnkov- USA and a couple others i'm forgeting imported before EAA.

My 03 S-12 was an EAA import that didn't have the BHO, what a fixed full choke with the rib sight.

i don't have a 22 inch barrel looks when i measure it its 19 inch barrel. from top of barrel to the other end. either way its a fun gun i.just did the convert i have not.shot it yet with the new parts installed. but feels awesome and looks great. guess not bad since i got the gun free. i had it in a closet for three years before thinking it would just be a fun project.

Edited by hochst04

well, you can drill a series of holes and get some needle files to make a slot and have a BHO, or you can just notch your safety lever ala Krebs. (or drop some cash on Krebs if you aren't handy.) Do some searches for that and you will see what I am talking about.