vepr 12 mag release tab

I did mine from right to left. If you are installing a Saiga mag release you will have to remove around 1/16" off the top where it contacts the mag. It is best to line the pin holes up on the 2 mag releases side by side and mark the new one.

• Like 1

I did mine from right to left. If you are installing a Saiga mag release you will have to remove around 1/16" off the top where it contacts the mag. It is best to line the pin holes up on the 2 mag releases side by side and mark the new one.

do you have pic of your vepr with it installed on?? if so please post it.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just barely finished installing the same mag release from CSS. It was kind of a pain in the ass for me. In my case I ended up removing the mag well in order to get the mag release and spring back in. I just couldn't manipulate it with the mag well in place. Removing the magwell was a breeze, I just used a flat head screw driver that I dremeled the middle out of to get around the screw that the nut sits on. Once the magwell was off I was able to get the spring and release back in place and used a rivet that I cut to length to install the mag release back in. I made sure it was only long enough to hold the mag release in place but allow me to put the mag well back on. (I tried Q tips but they would bend under the pressure of the spring.) I was unable to get the rivet in place alone I needed my wife to hammer the rivet in while I manipulated the punch to make sure everything was lined up. Once it was back in I put the magwell back on and hammered the mag release punch thru the magwell. CSS has a video that shows the intallation of that release on a saiga that shows you how to get the bend in the spring you need.

Oh and be careful when you file the release down, I almost took off too much material because I didnt realize how little effort it took to take off the required amount.

• Like 1

this is the one i got from you that i'm using on the vepr 12 http://store.carolin...AM-S12XC/Detail

The RAM S12XC (Saiga 12 Extended Magazine Catch)

i dont suppose that you have a video around of that install ?? cause we will need some new youtube vids of the vepr parts

RAM S12XC need some adjustment to use on Vepr-12, not very complicated but takes some time.

Molot_Vepr_12_magazine_release_220910_003.jpg

Molot_Vepr_12_magazine_release_220910_002.jpg

Edited by PapaZorro

If some of these parts are going to be this difficult to drop in on the Vepr 12, some how to videos specific to the Vepr 12 from sellers would definitely be nice. I'm sure they will release some soon, gun is just really new. MAA released a video on changing out the stock for the Vepr 12. A video for this or a PDF with a walk through explaining steps and including pics would be awesome.

If some of these parts are going to be this difficult to drop in on the Vepr 12, some how to videos specific to the Vepr 12 from sellers would definitely be nice. I'm sure they will release some soon, gun is just really new. MAA released a video on changing out the stock for the Vepr 12. A video for this or a PDF with a walk through explaining steps and including pics would be awesome.

So make one

If a proper how to is not available on a mod, or I feel I can contribute, I always do. I suck at making videos though, I usually just do super detailed write ups and add pics. = ] Trying to wait on ordering this part however to see if/when CSS is going to be releasing certain other parts.