Shortening the Ruger LC-9's trigger pull?

Okay, let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE my Ruger LC-9.

It's never had an operational issue (FTF/FTE) yet, it came with a dialed in Lasermax laser, & I have 7+1 Winchester Ranger-T +P+ rounds that are highly concealable even in shorts & a t-shirt.

That being said... What the fuck's up with that trigger pull??? unsure.png

First off, the trigger lands right on the most useless part of the middle section of my index finger... You know, that sweet-spot by the knuckle that doesn't bend in nearly as far as the rest of your finger...

Add to that ithe trigger pull's ridiculously long, and even when somewhat used to it and being aware that you gotta pull it ALL THE WAY BACK for it to fire, I can still quick draw it, pull all the way back, and it not fire.

The 1 flaw to an otherwise perfect CCW piece. I'm certain nearly every other LC9 owner would agree.

So any LC-9 owners here try these guys yet? They claim to shorten the pull by 50%.

I'd dick with it myself, but no time.

Cobblers with barefoot kids & all.

From a mechanical standpoint, at the very MOST, we're talking a touch of welding to add steel, and a touch of milling..

It's the taking the time to test and whatnot that gets me.

Dude's dialed in his process. He's likely tried all there is to try, and screwed up every way you can already. It's just how these things tend to go.

As far as I see right now, there's 3 really great lightweight subcompact carry pieces out there that are good to go out of the box with no break in. The S&W Bodyguard .380, Ruger LC-9 & the XD-S .45.

I just so happen to have 9mm as my primary cartridge so I grabbed the LC-9 before the XD-S. I bought my folks the Bodyguard, because they don't even want the bulk of their P-11 or S&W J-frame .38. They want pocket carry.

Terrible trigger on the LC-9 though.

If I hear good things, maybe it'll be a good excuse to buy the XD-S while the LC-9's parts are out. smile.png

Hello

I have a couple LC-9's. I, too, was surprised/discouraged to find a trigger so absolutely shitty that somebody obviously put effort into making it that bad. And those LC9's have external safeties, if memory serves me right, so the argument for "long trigger pull = "safety" don't hold any water.

The Ruger SR9c is almost the exact same dimensions, but has a trigger that lies somewhere between "above average" and "excellent". Why the hell could they have not used that mechanism?

Anyway, the only thing I know how to do on my LC9's is remove the magazine interlock. You should at least remove that stupid thing.

I'd probably kick down $55 to have my triggers made useable. Right now they suck so bad I don't really trust 'em very far, and I hate to sell 'em to somebody that doesn't know better.

Thanks for the link.

-guido

Oh, BTW- Get the XDs! You won't regret it! Crimson Trace just released a LG for it, too.

Edited by guido2