Feeding shorter ammo

So in an attempt to solve the FTF and jamming problem with the Rio 3" ammo in the factory 4 rd mag, I reverse engineered a flat pattern cut out of the metal retainer at the back of the mag, only this one has longer tabs. I CNC cut it from some stainless sheet, then bent it to shape. I had to relieve some of the plastic on the mag to get it to fit, but fit it did. I thought that if the shell was held down for a hair longer as it traveled forward, it wouldn't hit the feed ramp and should cycle fine. It actually worked on the first try with just one in the mag, but loading it to 4 caused the same old problem. I'm beginning to think about altering the plastic follower in the mag, maybe keeping the angle down won't make it jam. Anyone changed the follower ramp angle? Results?

post-42310-0-10064600-1354573867_thumb.jpg

Yeah' I guess probably not, I wish I had a 2 1/2 mag or two but I have never seen one for sale, on the out-of-stock price I've seen have been rediculous. I was just thinking that even the longest 3" shells will fit in the factory mag, so maybe a short 3" might fit in factory 2 1/2. That retainer was a good idea, you did a great job on it, I hope you get it working for you.