Not that model, but a good practice is to search for the model number and failures. So far, all of the biometric models I have seen are very vulnerable to false negatives. I would much rather have the combination style.

Is this for your car?

• Like 2

I recommend the GV1000D. Have one in my night stand..There is enough room for a full size handgun and other stuff, i.e. extra mag, surefire light, cash, passport and even with the light the battery life is excellent. Get the cable with it...I anchored a small eye bolt in the stud behind the night stand to secure it.

I dont trust the electronic locks. If it came from the Department of Defense, maybe. My luck would be Id get fucked out of accessing my pistol when I need it. Id like to see one with a good ol combo lock or even a key.

I dont trust the electronic locks. If it came from the Department of Defense, maybe. My luck would be Id get fucked out of accessing my pistol when I need it. Id like to see one with a good ol combo lock or even a key.

I would prefer no lock at all but I have kids so I have to keep all my firearms locked up at all times. I forgot to mention that my model does have a key and a power cord.

• Like 1

I have been looking at the same one. Agreeded biometrics suck. from what i have found all other gunvaults models are prone to button problems not saying they will have them just theres to many out there that have. personal i like the sv 500. it is mostly for my wife and she has very strict criteria. most of the issues with the gunvalts seem to be batteries used. The only other one that i like was a Titan gunsafe. I will be getting the sv 500 in the nextmonth or so will report back

• 4 weeks later...