MIlled receiver .223

From my understanding a milled receiver would lead to more accuracy than a 1mm stamped receiver, however, a 1.5mm receiver has the same accuracy as the milled. Of course there are other facotrs involving accuracy, but if those were all the same, I beleive the above statement would be true.

CNC Warrior has several model types presently available for purchase, check them out. There CNC machining and heat treating is some of the best available on the market. That is, if you want to build an AK from a milled receiver.

~Gary

Edited by Gary

What I guess the real question should have been is with all external conditions being identical can a saiga/AK platform rifle be as accurate as an AR platform rifle, which is why I asked about the receiver.

I'm looking to not pay 1500+ for a piston drive .223 rifle thats more accurate than my preban AK.

Edited by ZombieHunterD

My favorite milled .223 is the Arsenal SA M5. Good luck finding one under $1200 though.

tAxA4.jpg

I prefer stamped over milled but the rifles are out there. As Gary mentioned there is also a Bulgarian Arsenal 5.56 RPK variant for big bux.

fxMFI.jpg

Of course then there is always the milled Galil/Golani builds, probably grabbable for under $750 used.

gU3fe.jpg

Edited by mancat

I'm not familiar with the Vepr. Given my last statement, from your experience, how would that work? And as far as price point as well?

I have a Vepr in .223. I picked it up for 500$ brand new. You can still find them for around 700 new, I think K-var has them at the moment for that price. They are incredibly nice, very well made rifles that do not require moving the FCG as a brand new saiga does. They are very accurate for an AK as well. I rarely push mine past 100 yards, and it is just as accurate in my hands as my AR is. Past 100 yards, I'm not sure.

Centerfire systems has the Vepr's for $499.99 which is the cheapest I have seen them in a long time.

If you're looking for one in .223, you're quite a few weeks late. The only .223 on centerfire is the pioneer version for $799, and for one day they had squareback models for $720.