SBS Question

Ok guys I've searched for this but I'm on my phone and it's limited in what functions I have so forgive me if thus has been covered. I picked up my 12 but haven't even had a chance to look at it yet. My question is this: what methods are used to plug the old gas holes when I shorten the gas block by around 3". I should wait to ask this until I've had it apart and have a better idea what I'm looking at but I'm at work running things thru my head. Thanks.

TIG welding is the best method.

Have you read this http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/38318-sbs-technical-info-thread/

Have you done the conversion yet? That's a great way to get to know the girl before going all the way. Also, an unconverted SBS would be just silly to me.

Edited by romad7

Thanks!! Oh she's gonna get the works. I wanted to get the paperwork rolling so the 30-60 days can get started. I'm filling out the Form 1 now. As for the welding I have some guys at my shop that are artisits with a welder. Nuclear certified so that won't be a problem. I'm gonna strip it down as soon as I have a few. Thought about going 13" but I might make it 12. Got some reading to do first. Thanks again.

Then it's changed since I did a form 1 for a suppressor and a form 4 for a machinegun. Got one back in 6 weeks and the other right at a month.

on second thought I'm going to convert it first and then save the money to SBS it. No idea what the OAL will be before I do.