Taken from The Firearm Blog:

Izhmash's interim CEO Alexander Kosov has announced at a press conference that the company is developing a civilian version of the AK-107 complete with its famous balanced recoil system. They will also soon be releasing the Saiga-9, a Saiga carbine chambered in 9mm NATO. These guns may be displayed at the IWA Show in March next year.

http://www.thefirear...alanced-recoil/

I wonder what kind of mags the 9mm will use?

yay, another Saiga 9 thread. still all just hope and speculation. no talk of importation, nothing concrete. does sound like they might be starting to put 2 and 2 together though. or the writer of the story is just putting out what we've been saying all along.......lets just hope those 2 to 3 products are the Saiga 9, the Saiga 22, and the ak107.

Maybe you should read up some. 22lr is already in effect. Waste? I'm sure many many more people would buy a 22 as well as the 9, doubt they'd be wasting their $. That would be pretty sick if they brought over the ak45 too. But i highly doubt it.

Why would we want them to waster their time/money on a 22? Let them develop the 9, 107, and maybe a .40 or .45 carbine. The market will develop .22 adapter kits, just like the AR market did.

Edited by AZG