VEPR quad rail soon to hit the market.

I was doing a google search for RPK handguards and ran across a company, not a forum vendor, who is producing a nice quadrail for the VEPR/RPK line. It was originally designed and released for the AK and is now being modified for the VEPR per their website. I like the looks of it. If you want to see it shoot me a message and i will send it to you.

The company is Damage industries. It is a new product they call AK-47 MODULAR FOREARM ASSEMBLY. i like the extended top rail better than the Mako thats on the market and it is considerably cheaper than the Mako also.

AK-47 Modular Forearm AssemblyAK-47 modular forearm

AK-47 Modular Forearm Assembly

There is at least one RPK railed handguard available now. Do we know what the differences will be?

Fab:

188-vfr-rpk-copy-png-Sun-Dec-4-22-43-46.png

Modular Damage - picture is for AK:

img_0740b_0.jpg

Does the Damage Replace the Gastube like the Ultimak?

Edited by ec4321
  • Like 1

Hmm, I wonder if they'll address the cant the lower rail has. My AMD hand guard does the same thing in my SAR2 cause it does't quite fit right under the front trunion.

After looking closely I believe the cant you are refering to is no more than an optical illusion. The bottom of the receiver does not run paralell to the bore where as it looks like the rail assembly does. One of my weapons with a quad rail looked the same. It drove me nuts until I measured it. Just an observation. Hooah.

Twitch,

I hear you, and I concede that designing it that way makes sense but looks goofy IMHO (and we all know how opinions go). By aligning the lower rail with the barrel I suppose one of two thing must happen: 1) the H.G. looks too high where the handguard mates w/ the receiver WRT the bottom surface of the receiver, or 2) the front of the H.G. would have to be machined "lower" than the retainer ring. I used an AMD handguard back in '04'ish to make my own rail system and as a result, the lower rail is not parallel with the barrel (which I don't mind at all). The two side rails, secured to the upper-most portion of the handguard, are parallel - and that WAS important to me.

I spoke with a representative from Damage today and he said they are making one for the VEPR 12 soon (rough estimate of 1-2 months but not guaraneed) and that it is in production as we speak. He said the quad rail replaces the gas tube and the same will be for the VEPR 12. The replaced tube with attached top rail creates the strength in the rail where the top supports the bottom and vice versa.

Doesnt sound too shabby and in the cost of $160 you get the replacement gas tube with rail, bottom railed section, and the modular side panels. Beats the $250 and up price of the Mako thats on the market for a RPK now.

• Like 1

Nice.

I wish Damage would make the gas tube rails much lower like the Ultimak so it could be used to co-witness.

Ah well, For the Vepr-12 I won't use that rail anway, and I like the styling of the current damage product. Can't wait to see it.

From pictures it appears that the top rail is center cut to allow use of the factory sights and co-witnessing. I want to run a trijicon rm-05 co-witnessed with the factory sights.

That damage rail is way higher than an ultimak gas tube rail. Sure, I see the center cut, which allows the use of the sights - but the center cut does nothing to help co-witness the factory sights with a optic mounted to that rail.

The ultimak, which I have on my AK will allow optics/sights co-witness. I have my doubts this damage one will, it's quite a bit higher.

ULTIMAK:

Nightfighter003.jpg

But the Mako get you a bottom piece as well.

Doesnt sound too shabby and in the cost of $160 you get the replacement gas tube with rail, bottom railed section, and the modular side panels. Beats the $250 and up price of the Mako thats on the market for a RPK now.

• Like 1