CSS G2 gas puc?

I just recently purchased the CSS gas booster puc, the one with the large tail/nipple that is installed facing the rear of the gun. I jump on the CSS website a week later and they now have the G2 puc available, which appears to have a much shorter tail, and installs in the reverse direction with the flat side facing rearward and the tail foreward. Any idea why they changed it up? It appears they dont offer the puc that I have anymore.

heres the link

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-966/Saiga-12-gas-piston/Detail

We are always looking for ways to improve products. There was a problem with a few guns using certain gas plugs not allowing the carrier to seat fully.

CSS...SO, is the new one "better" or should we just turn the "old" one around/ &/mill some off the nose? ????....( I shoot in competition.. always looking for any improvement availible).. How are the Molot style chokes coming along??? (really like the Molot style comp)...

• 2 weeks later...
Greg is like the rest of us.....he is covered up and has very little time to check the boards. He will chime in when he gets a break. Scott

Scott is dead on, things are beyond crazy.

It is not better, they both are equal in our testing. The new designs allows for the inconsistancy on a few guns that had a problem with the after market plugs sitting in too far.

Thanks, Scott and Greg! Figured that was the case. Good for you guys, being so busy! I just wanted to bump this thread back to the top of all the magazine threads...

Would there be a problem running my first generation puc tail forward if that provides a better fit? I love my Auto Plug, but it protrudes further into the gas system than my factory plug (causing my carrier to not quite slap the front, left-side trunnion when the bolt is in lockup). I have been thinking of shaving the Auto Plug, but perhaps running the CSS Puc (gen 1) backwards would work. I imagine, I would have to make sure the puc tail doesn;t contact the gas regulator face. Shouldn't hurt anything running the puc backwards should it?

Thanks!