Well, I've been waffling on what rifle to buy so being that my name is "Odd Man Out", I finally decided on going with neither the AR or AK route. Got it on the 24th. May I present the newest member of my family: the FNH FS2000...
8312035521_d733d7b186_b.jpg The ergonomics are excellent -- it feels like a large pistol instead of a small rifle. The balance is pretty much right at the thumbhole pistol grip so you can easily aim it one handed. Also going from left to right shoulder is easier than with any other rifle I've done the drill with.
8312040569_5d11b3dc09_b.jpg I have bought and installed the Neu-Trigger modification and it really does make a sunstantial improvement to the trigger "feel". I have the Tri-Rail fore end on order and will experiment with that. I really like how it changes the look and it gives me three more picatinny rails just in case. The picture below is how it will look with the tri rail installed:

8020871515_98040aeae8_b.jpg

Needless to say I am pumped to get this to the range. Now I have a reason for either a Eotech or Aimpoint. Darn! another decision.

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 5

Thanks all

Thanks for the offer GPD but one of my major flaws is that I am quite anal so I need to research things unto exhaustion before I make a decision. But when I do I at least know that it will be right for me.

I have read the comments on the foregrip being too heavy. I intend to put it on my postal scale to see what it weighs exactly and compare it to the original. I know that a company is in process of duplicating them in polymers and am hoping they will be out before the return window shuts for the OEM fore end if it does not work.

Capt -- I got it for $1650.00 less than two weeks ago. It is a butt load for a rifle but I feel I got a steal considering they are going now for as much as $3299.00!!!! And poeple are still snapping them up. Unbelievable -- but of course two years ago people prolly would not believe an idjut like myself would spend what I did on one.

I will update this as I make improvements and post my observations. For now, I can see how people "fall in love" with this -- it is so balanced and is innately pointable -- good stuff.

• Like 1