AK mags too tight

Ya..I first started collecting mags a while back and instead of modifying the mag catch after i installed the bullet guide i just modified the tabs on the back of the mag instead..i think most people will disagree with me on this but thats the route i went...dont know if that has anything to do with this topic....

I took a dremel to the mag release on the gun. I would reccomend a file but I didn't have one handy at the time. I took a VERY and I mean VERY small portion off of the mag catch on the gun itself. Keep trying the mags and remove a little more. Mine turned out perfect, now my Saiga mags and my AK mags clip in nice and loud and do not wiggle at all, there very sturdy. Just need to install a bullet guide now. I would suggest to modify the gun, this way if your at the range with friends you can swap out mags if need be without any hassle.

And if you file the mags. The only mags that will fit that weapon are the ones you filled. The mags wouldn't work in any other ak correctly either would they?

That's why I choose to mod the mag catch itself.. I would rather modify that than all my mags.. just incase in the future I bought a non Saiga AK my mags wouldn't be sloppy. If your super worried.. order a new mag catch before you mod your old one. I took a dremel to my Saiga 7.62 the first night I brought it home, lol.

Its not the locking thats the problem. I filed the mag catch to accept every ak mag i have ever tried. The proble is the actual width of a few of the mags i have is way to tight. Doesn't matter now. Craphole NYS there now illegal so not gonna waste my time trying to do anything with them.