Help with Conversion!!

Hey everybody, i got my sagia and recently bought a bump stock for it but didnt realize i needed to convert it, i dont want to buy a parts kits because i dont need a new stock or pistol grip, so i was seeing if anybody knew the exacts parts i would need in order to do this and the process that would involve making the conversion.

Thanks for any help!

Search Tapco G2. If you can't find it at a vendor on this forum (MAA, Dinzag, CSS etc. etc.) then try Amazon or the likes.

I would look into an axis pin retaining plate as well.

But yeah that's about it for parts. The rest is just tools to do the work.

There are two pins (axis pins) in the receiver. The hammer pivots on one and the trigger pivots on the other. The plate holds the pins in place on the left side (inside) of the receiver. It keeps the pins from walking out the right side. It also makes installation and removal easier, in comparison to using a "shepherds crook" (spring wire retainer).

You don't need a trigger guard if you are able to salvage the guard that is currently on it, to save money. But if you like the looks of a certain style, then by all means.

If you try to re use the OE trigger guard, it gets installed backwards. Slide it up behind the magazine catch and bolt the back end down in the open hole, under the pistol grip. It mounts very solid, if you're wondering about that.

Edited by Mullet Man

ok so ill need two of the axis pins then, are they both the same to fit both left and right, or do i need a right axis and left axis? and sorry for the dumb questions, im good with pistols and hunting rifles, but this is my first sagia type rifle so im trying to get the hang of it.

The axis pins are already in your receiver. Look at it from the side, see those two grey/silverish button looking things? Those are your axis pins. All you would want, is one retaining plate to hold them in place, for the conversion. You'll see when you take it apart, that each axis pin has groove in it. That groove is where the retaining plate seats, to hold them in place once installed in the receiver.

Edit: Can someone post the chart showing the axis pin retaining plate vs. the different shepherds crooks installations? It will help give the OP a better idea of whats going on.

Edited by Mullet Man

Drill, drill press, dremel, angle grinder. The entire conversion can be done with any of those. I use an angle grinder because i don't bother saving and reusing the trigger guards, it just makes quick work of it.

Youtube search: Saiga rifle conversion

perfect well i got a drill, dremel, and angle grinder just no drill press so ill youtube that soon and see what i can do, thank yall for help it was exactly what i needed to know

Drill press is nice, but not necessary. Drilling out the rivets and doing the bullet guide is easier and quicker with a drill press, but a hand drill will work just fine.

Hey everybody, got one more question. Im ordering the parts tonight and for some reason i can get dinzags website to work, it wont let me complete the order. but anyway i cant find a tapco g2 trigger anywhere so i was going to order this http://dpharms.com/products/saiga_accessories/saiga_s~2Fh_fire_control_group_by_tomix.html but it comes with sheperds crook,, and thats what i dont want, but would putting a retaining plate in there take the sheperds crook out? that way i wouldnt need to use it? and also the only tapco g2 i can find is a double hook trigger, would that work?

Edited by Cchis1322