Best AR stock Adaptor for my .223

Easiest way is to use stock adapter, like VLTOR ("AK47/AKM/AKS Stock Adapter and Extension") or alternative makes.

Next road up is to cut the tang and use CSS or compatible receiver adapters with AR buffer tube end.

Check with Carolina Shooters Supply first for either scenario.

Have fun,

Happy Shooting!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

The magpul UBR stock uses its own built in proprietary buffer tube, so the Vltor or Command Arms AK tubes will not work. You will need to install an AK to AR adaptor on Saiga that has female threads for UBR tube. Some of these require cutting tang, some do not.

UTG makes AK to AR adaptor @ $ 19.99 that doesn't require cutting tang. It's polymer and in my opinion rather ugly installed. Also makes awkward cheek weld. I bought one and installed/ immediately removed.

I think Rifle Dynamics makes a bolt on adaptor, I'm sure a few others that don't require cutting tang. Otherwise you'll need to follow previous posts recommendation on parts from CSS, an excellent vendor.

• Like 1
I also do not want to cut my stock. I did that on a past rifle and I regret it. Any other no cut folding stock options?

There is Bonesteel Arms folder (RHS and LHS options) on this forum; check them out.

I still want to see them on a real thing; few guys placed orders, so let's see.

Falcon Arms folder is another alternative, discussed in the same thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82285-bonesteel-arms-folding-stock/

Item pictured by Sgt Raven is the Rifle Dynamics adapter. I forgot they were a forum vendor so did not post link. It's priced around 65.00. I think that is best option for using AR buffer tube setups. UBR stock should work with it.

US Machineguns also has similar adapters as well.

Thanks so much for the replies. I think I am going to go with the one from IWC because of not having to cut the tang , it is not polymer and I have no want to have a folder.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

Make sure you post your progress.

Man, I love it.

Now I've got fired up about it: got to get me one.

Thanks all for sharing!

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had RDAK-M4 and can attest: it's a state of the art, rock-solid creature.

(Like everything else from Jim Fuller & Co).

Good looking!

P.S. My bet: you'll stop right there (ending up with CTR); and there is nothing wrong with it!.

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to go with the CSS M4 style tube with a Magpul MOE stock. I did have to use a dremel tool to grind off a small amount of material from the adapter tube because it was hitting the top rear rivets inside the receiver.and wouldn't slide into the receiver enough. No biggy. I'm very pleased with this setup.

Saiga-MagpulMOE1.jpg

I put a Bonesteel Arms left folder on my .223 Saiga. I'm very happy with it. The hinge is solid. Very well built.

DI-Saiga4.jpg

8d0b3c0d-a543-4c66-8301-cafb14acbb59.jpg

DI-Saiga3.jpg

DI-Saiga1.jpg

• Like 1