Model Question

You didn't give much time...

Sorry, I gave it a day, I need to learn to be patient. I answered most of my questions. Before, I got responses in the S12 section before I even finished posting. Was beginning to think I pissed someone off somehow in the 223 section. Before I ask, I make sure I research it. But, I'm finding that I get mixed results and I'm really looking for a definitive answer. I know that noob questions are frowned upon here so, I deleted it. Thanks for responding

You didn't give much time...

Sorry, I gave it a day, I need to learn to be patient. I answered most of my questions. Before, I got responses in the S12 section before I even finished posting. Was beginning to think I pissed someone off somehow in the 223 section. Before I ask, I make sure I research it. But, I'm finding that I get mixed results and I'm really looking for a definitive answer. I know that noob questions are frowned upon here so, I deleted it. Thanks for responding

Eh, the .223 forum is a bit slower than the rest. I used to get frustrated here too when I was newer, waiting for replies.

Good luck with your .223.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I looked through your history and I see that you've edited a few of your threads just because nobody responded a day later. I would just suggest you stop doing this. People will respond but it may take several days on low-volume subforums like the .223 forums.

What was your original question any way? I mean how is anyone supposed to answer it, now that you completely deleted it?

I never saw it. I have no idea what the questions was.

Patience Grass Hoppa. Just because you asked the question via the internet does not mean that it will be answered instantly. It's a gun forum, not, ASK JEEVES. "People" need time to first read, and them formulate advice.

I promise I will never, ever, respond to any thing you post in the first 24 hour period. Hope that helps!

Ok guys, If y'all would have read my above post, I stated that I answered my own questions. That is why I deleted them. I know you forum members hate newbie questions so, why leave them up when all I'm gunna get in response is "search the forum, google it, it's been talked about before" Also, I was spoiled in the S12 section. When I asked a question, it was answered before I finished typing it. Now, that I have new caliber Saigas, I guess I was kinda expecting the same. I guess I was wrong. It was no big deal. If I could delete the whole entry, I would have. And mancat, why should I not delete MY OWN POSTS if I see fit. The only thing I was trying to do was save y'all from reading another dumbass question from someone who is new to Saigas and trying not to clutter up the forum topics. It was only two topics I deleted one right after the other. Not several. I am not trying to be an ass, it's just I feel like I'm being scolded from my kindergarten teacher for not raising my hand. I apologize to anyone who really wanted to read another newbie question. If I have another, and I find the answer before it gets responded to,I'll leave it up so y'all will not get so upset. This forum and its members is a great and useful tool. But sometimes, no matter how much you search for the answer, It isn't here! I've probably read this entire forum at least a couple dozen times and what I gather most, besides the helpful knowledge is that y'all HATE NEWBIE QUESTIONS! Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

p.s. I'm trying to work on patience, my wife has been telling me that for 21 years now. Still working on it.

Dude chill, lay off the coffee. People just wanting to help. Shit man it is an internet gun board, not kindergarten

Exactly!!!!! I'm cool, it seems that y'all have the problems with this. I don't. All I did was delete my own post. if it will stop this thread, I'll promise to never do it again. Let it go please. We have much bigger problems to worry about other than me deleting something I wrote.

Ok, I've got one for y'all....Trying to upload some really good pics and all I get is this response "Error: Could not load template 'finishPreviousSession' from group 'gallery_post' Those who know the answer, please help. Thanks

What is the file size?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

Gallery

A guide to viewing and adding images to the Gallery.

Help Topic: Gallery

The gallery can be used to upload images you wish to share with the community. To access it, click the "Gallery" tab at the top of any page.

Gallery Home Page
The gallery has two areas: Categories and albums. Administrators will create the categories that you can upload images into, or create albums within. If you have permission to create albums, you will be able to create them within the categories that administrators designate as accepting new albums. The homepage may show a feed of recent images, featured images, categories and/or recently updated albums, depending upon the administrator's configuration selections.

Viewing Categories and Albums

Image Listing
You will see a tiled layout of images that the album contains. You can click on any thumbnail to see the full-size image. The information will initially display inline, allowing you to navigate the images without leaving the page, however you can view more details about the image by clicking on the image caption within the window.
If the category has any sub-categories or albums, you will see these listed.

Slide Shows
You may be able to see a slide show of all images in that category or album by pressing the slide show link when viewing the list of images. Click on the Slidehow link to enter the slideshow mode.

Viewing Images

Information, ratings and options
To the side of the image, you will see more information about the image such as who uploaded it, when they uploaded it, how many views and comments the image has, and how big it is.

You may see a number of stars which show the image's rating. You may also be able to rate the image yourself by selecting one of the stars. If you are able to rate an image, the stars will change color as you move your pointer over them.

To the side of the image you will see a photostrip of other images in the category or album, which you can use to quickly jump to those images. You can cycle through these images by clicking the < and > buttons to the left and right of the photostrip.

Sharing Images

Below the image, you will have several options to share it with others, such as Facebook, Email, or Twitter.
Embed Images
Each image has unique HTML and BBCode embed links for you to embed them on your website or within the forums. To display these, click on the "Options" drop down, and then click on "Share Links"
Comments
At the bottom of the image's page, you will see any existing comments on the image. You can add a comment by pressing the "comment_add.png Add Comment" button, and you can use the "Reply" and "Multiquote" links, and the Fast Reply box, just like in the forums.

Adding your Images

Clicking an upload link or button will take you to the media upload page. This is a two step process.
The first step is to select or create an album (or category) to upload the images into. Once the album or category has been set, you can upload images right away when the upload form reveals itself.
When you have uploaded the images you wish, you click the 'Review & Publish' button which will allow you to rotate the image or edit the image's details.
Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

Small, J pegs. I have been to the help section, I've searched for this answer everywhere. I have uploaded pics, so I am fluent in uploading and editing. What is new is I was updating the Unfinished Collection Folder. Then, I wanted to create another folder titled, don't laugh, Cool Tacticool Shots. Wait until you see them. Anyway, created the folder or album, went to upload and that is when it started. I've tried everything to fix this like resetting computer, signing out, making sure I didn't leave anything open, searched all help files etc... It will not even let me update my other albums without giving me this message. I was hoping it would be gone today but it is still happening. Going on 3 days now. My files are the appropriate size, and they do not contain inappropriate subject matter. Except to democrats. If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again...Mike

There are no "stupid" questions. Even if you've answered your own question... there WILL be someone else looking for the same info. By deleting your question, that won't help them. We're all on here to learn. Even if you think a question is dumb, it can surely help someone else in the future.

• Like 2
There are no "stupid" questions. Even if you've answered your own question... there WILL be someone else looking for the same info. By deleting your question, that won't help them. We're all on here to learn. Even if you think a question is dumb, it can surely help someone else in the future.

I agree 110 % I was afraid of the backlash I would have received for asking dumb questions. Did not ever think I would have had to explain my actions on why I deleted my posts. I must have been misunderstood. I was never angry on the responses that I got, even though some may think I was. Really the only thing that kinda irked me was someone telling me I shouldn't edit or delete something I wrote. Never the less, I will continue to use this forum and make sure next time I have a question, stupid or not, I'll search until I can find the answer. I dare not post something and get schooled on what is proper posting etiquette. I am here to learn about my Saiga rifles & shotgun, I contributed to this forum for this service, and I will help someone if I have the knowledge to do so. I appreciate all the comments and pray that we survive the tough times ahead of ALL of us. Thanks.....Mike

I agree 110 % I was afraid of the backlash I would have received for asking dumb questions. Did not ever think I would have had to explain my actions on why I deleted my posts. I must have been misunderstood. I was never angry on the responses that I got, even though some may think I was. Really the only thing that kinda irked me was someone telling me I shouldn't edit or delete something I wrote. Never the less, I will continue to use this forum and make sure next time I have a question, stupid or not, I'll search until I can find the answer. I dare not post something and get schooled on what is proper posting etiquette. I am here to learn about my Saiga rifles & shotgun, I contributed to this forum for this service, and I will help someone if I have the knowledge to do so. I appreciate all the comments and pray that we survive the tough times ahead of ALL of us. Thanks.....Mike

Mike,

There is no true forum etiquette. The issue was in just deleting the post, and saying it took too long to get a response, put some people off. Including me. I'm over it. It was never really a super big deal, but it did open you up to some ribbing. We all have pretty thick skin and forget sometimes that not every one is use to our comments. Sorry. It's done. Let's move on. I am even breaking my own rule, and responding in 4 minutes instead of waiting 24 hours. big_smile.gif

• Like 1

Mike,

We're all in the same boat.

I'm glad you've locked your sights on right target; we all were noobs at one moment and still learning (despite what my wife says about my learning disabilities: after many moons together I still can't advance beyond the eggs and toast for breakfast).

I've got a lot of help from the Forum on my first build (5.45x39), when realizing that years of being an "end user" not necessarily beneficial for entry-level gunsmithing.

Welcome to S.223.

Stick around,

Happy Shooting!

• Like 1