So, since having my slide serrated and refinished I have been thinking about painting my slide FDE.

When the slide was refinished it was not refinished in Melonite, it was refinished in black Gunkote. I prefer the Melonite finish over the Gunkote.

I did this real quick in Pixlr, what do you guys think before I "pull the trigger"?

I figure, worst comes to worst I'll have it refinished in Melonite again.

This is my best photoshop skills...

MampPpaint_zps80dc33e2.jpg

What should I use to ensure there is no oil on the slide?

I was thinking about going with Aervoe "Coyote Tan". It's pretty darn close to Magpul's FDE.

post-2964-0-08595900-1359752208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pyzik

SliP 725 cleaner works good, so does Simple Green. Make sure to get the entire slide clean inside and out or lube will eventually find its way to the actual surface you are painting. Aervoe is good shit although I have had good results with Krylon as well. It's really about the prep and making sure the paint will adhere.

I clean stuff with Dawn, hot water then a good wipe down with lint-free paper towels and 90% rubbing alcohol. I wear nytril gloves when I powder coat stuff, been three years now without a problem on any of the tools, motorcycle and car parts and misc metal stuff that I've coated.