local gunshop screwed me over

So, last march or april i decided to take the plunge n get an x39 converted and be 922r compliant. I told the owner i wanted a g2 trigger group and a t-6 collapsable to start off with. I paid over 700$ for trigger group (tapco modified), gun, etc and knew none the wiser until i get my 308 fcg modded by dinzag n notice all the us made markings. Cross checked w trigger in x39 and it had No marks. I get him to fix it free of charge but my front sight post was altered, sorry im real mad right now.

Btw dinzag is good stuff!

Umm these guys screwed me over w a felony waiting to happen without knowing/caring.

The bolt hold open doesnt work and it sounds like the devils fingers when i rack the bolt i need some help here. As noted below they also purposely took my bullet guide out and installed it backwards!

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Ill attempt a video tomorrow but at this point im just leaning towards replacing the fcg altogether with dinzags...if i can get confirmation that his mods address the double feed issue. Now that ive done the 308 conversion regardless of $ lost i dont trust em.

The gunshop, that is

Ok i fixed the fire control group, they shoved a tapco g2 in without removing material to allow it to fit the bolt hold open. I took some material off with a file slowly till it looked like everything lined up. I noticed though after all was said and done my trunion looks like it might have been reversed. Im pretty sure they messed with my front sight but i can fix that. Here are pics of the trunion. Reversed or not? As you can see its hanging out into the magwell area, and from what i can see theres nothing under the barrel.post-46523-0-55901700-1360638912_thumb.jpgpost-46523-0-90692600-1360638995_thumb.jpgpost-46523-0-69583400-1360639041_thumb.jpg

I could be paranoid but in all seriousness after my dealings with these people i want to make sure of everything before i even try to test fire.

Fuckin bastards. I knew it. Anyone know how to get that screw out? I am so livid right now, if they'd had done what i paid them to a year ago they wouldve had no need to sabotage my rifle. I can only wonder what my barrel looks like...

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Just try to take it out with an Allen wrench. Apply heat first incase they used Loctite.

If you can get the screw out, it's not a horrible job to fix it. If you're lucky, the thin portion will slide under the chamber as intended and the hole will line up. If not, shave the front (meaning the part under the chamber) until the hole lines up.

I appreciate the help alot. I still cant believe they went to that kind of trouble to sabotage my rifle. What do yall use when the screw is stripped? Heres a question. If they wanted to mess up the barrel what should i look for aside from a damaged crown? What else could they have done to a saiga to permanently mess it up? This is now more about damage control now and getting the rifle operational again.

Ok if i encounter too much trouble ill try that. Thanks again this has been very frustrating to say the least...still cant believe that someone would treat another person like that especially considering the amount of business ive given him over the year...

Thats why i used the term sabatoge. This was no honest mistake on their part, they built it right in march but used a non usa fire control group and obviously took offense to my asking them to fix it and deliberately messed it up.

Ok i got the bullet guide out after some effort and ingenuity. But oddly enough the holes dont line up. They would if i took a little material off of the part that goes underneath the barrel though. So should i relieve some material off the bullet guide to line up with the hole already drilled or should i try to drill a new hole? Heres some pics. Also does it look like my fire control group is lined up right? The bullet guide overhangs a little where it sits but i read thats ok.

post-46523-0-63270100-1360719400_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-54089600-1360719446_thumb.jpg

post-46523-0-08302200-1360719491_thumb.jpg

How can the holes not line up if you're telling us the thing was installed correctly previously?

Do you think they removed the guide, then welded up the old hole, redrilled it, retapped it, then turned the guide around backwards and reinstalled it?

Man....that's quite a stretch.

And...in your first post you state that you bought the gun new from the dealer, so it would not have come with any bullet guide installed.....then you say they took out the imaginary non-existent bullet guide and turned it around.

Let's try another story, shall we? You bought a NIB gun and had them convert it. It didn't have a bullet guide in it, so they installed one. The front of the guide would not slide under the barrel, so they turned it around and installed it backwards. How 'bout that?

Tony

P.S. At this point your best bet is to run it backwards and trim off the edge overhanging the magazine well. Put the magazine in the gun, install the guide and look down in there to see how much material is hanging over the mag. Then trim it back a bit at a time until it will clear the bullet tips when they are up against the leading edge of the magazine.

I bought the gun new from them stock and they immediately converted it for me bullet guide and all. It ran flawlessly until i noticed the trigger having no us marks and took it back to them. They must have taken my original bullet guide out and replaced it with another for some reason, and installed it backwards because that was the only way the hole was going to line up. Trust me i literally bought the damn thing let them keep it till it was converted, picked it up and ran surplus mags and tapco ones as well. Even had to modify my original saiga mag to work by filing it.

Another thing. This guide has very little scratches on it and since i like hollowpoints i remember alot more marks on it.

Thanks Mr. Rumore ill consider that. I appreciate the advice but not being called a liar on any account. Trust me, my words are true and this weapon had a bullet guide installed and would run with any mag until i noticed the absent marks on the fcg. That is when all these problems began. I have no reason to lie on a damned forum, just a place to vent frustration over what has happened to my rifle and a little help righting the wrongs.

Sincerely,~L~

*snip* for the vaginas. Ill edit my language so its more cuddly and fun.

summary. Something doesnt make sense and you cant recall all the facts obviously. You probably dont have much chance of holding the gun shop liable for anything.

No offense, just being honest.

Edited by Chevyman097

Look my story is legitimate. If i failed to describe something exactly perfectly thats my fault. Regardless, i see how people are treated here if a new poster is having problems and older posters find fault with their story. I have no reason to lie though. And yes, i will just fix the damned thing and move on. Thanks for the help.

Ok i think i figured it out. And i think Mr. Rumore was right in a way, especially with his description of a fix. What if they had installed it backwards for a reason in the 1st place but filed it down and i never noticed till a new one was installed and wasnt filed down so it stuck out so much that i did notice? When i got it last march i didnt know near as much as i know now. Anyhow, back to the moving the hell on and fixing the damned thing. And thanks Loco ill keep that in mind from now on.

Just try to take it out with an Allen wrench. Apply heat first incase they used Loctite.

If you can get the screw out, it's not a horrible job to fix it. If you're lucky, the thin portion will slide under the chamber as intended and the hole will line up. If not, shave the front (meaning the part under the chamber) until the hole lines up.

Or for some reason they did this. Regardless its gonna get looked at by a good friends smith before test firing.

I think some people need to go back and reread exactly what a troll.is. no one is being trolled here. It doesn't take a very educated person to see the story doesnt make sense and there is practically nothing he will be able to do legally about it.

If we were telling we might have said....hey stupid fuck your a moron.

It makes perfect sense if you actually take the time to read it. At this point tho i could care less what some of you people think, im not here to be drug into an argument because i cant say 100% for sure what my bullet guide looked exactly like before taking it back to them. So done with this.

I do know it didnt look like it does in those pics tho.

It makes perfect sense if you actually take the time to read it. At this point tho i could care less what some of you people think, im not here to be drug into an argument because i cant say 100% for sure what my bullet guide looked exactly like before taking it back to them. So done with this.

I do know it didnt look like it does in those pics tho.

Then by that exact logic you can not say 100% that the gun shop screwed you over.

Glad you are finally understanding.

They did with the fire control group being improperly installed, moving my windage and elevation on purpose, and installing a bullet guide in such a fashion it wouldnt cycle rounds. In having to do the trigger modification myself, uninstalling and reinstalling it myself, and burning up rounds just to get back to zero, on top of paying another smith to look over it all and give it the ok, i think one can surmise i was a lil screwed over. This was work that was supposed to be done right last march and i paid good money for them to do it THEN.

Edited by LuPiN8oR