saiga 12 Gas Block walking itself out- is it possible?

So I got home from the range the other day and started taking the top of my UTG quad rail system off of my saiga 12 and noticed that their was quiet a bit of paint missing on the top of the gas tube right next to the gas block, I think this was due to the fact that I didnt tighten the bottom screw into the gas block very well and it might have been loose enuf to slid the rail system back and forth a little bit and rub some of the paint off. However after fully removing the rails I noticed that their was a small space between the barrel and the gas block that looked exactly like this.

post-46934-0-76494000-1361398093.jpg

After noticing this I started getting a little worried that the missing paint on the top of the gas tub was actually where the gas block was and I might have nocked it forward. Is their sapost to be a space their or is it possible that due to the recoil and my rails moving the gas block might have been hammered forward a little bit? I also know that their is a pin of some sort in their that holds the block on but I would rather ask you guys what ya'll might think. I just dont want to chance it.

The only pins holding the gas block on are at 3 and 5 in your picture. I'm guessing that you just didn't notice the space before and that the UTG is rubbing the gas tube causing the paint wear. How did it shoot? Are the pins still seated and solid? I know the UTG works for some people here and I have no problem with that and I don't care about changing the minds of people using them. That being said, I speak from personal experience that there are way better rails for the money out there.

• Like 2

it shoots fine and the pins are tight, I just didnt know if it was possible to for the gas block to be hammered forward regardless of the pins being in, and as for the space I dont remember looking that hard so it might have been their before but like I said I wasnt positive, and ya, I feel the same way about that rail system but I had gotten it cheap so I figured I could just replace it if I didnt like it. What would you suggest I look into buying if I wanted to get a tri rail system?

It's not possible for the block to walk without it completely flying off and the weapon blowing up in your face among other catastrophic events. I use a CSS tri rail that is awesome. Anything by Chaos is also very highly regarded.

• Like 1
It's not possible for the block to walk without it completely flying off and the weapon blowing up in your face among other catastrophic events. I use a CSS tri rail that is awesome. Anything by Chaos is also very highly regarded.

+1

If that was possible.... I would have already done it ;)

How much abuse can a Saiga 12 take? At least this much.... 200 rounds in 2:23 ;)