MKA Mags & Springs Question

I wanted to get some real world comments on what is better to use on building the longer (10+) capacity mags and the spring tensions or length. I have had alot of issues with the larger high cap mags and I am wondering if it is truly better to have longer and higher tension springs or if it is just better to have "just enough" spring length and pressure to feed the shells through the mag.

My experience has been, that it seems that sometimes a shell that is next in line to feed, will actually tilt up in the front leading edge as it is feeding onto the ramp and that in turn causes a jam. Then of course you have to drop the mag, then the jammed shell falls free and re-rack a new round...very frustrating when this happens multiple times when shooting a stage at a competition.

Any experiences or ideas are welcome.

When a mag spring or a rough feeding mag fails to present the shell to the bolt fast enough.

The bolt may overrun the rim and partially strip the shell creating a jam.

Or the bolt may fail to pick up at all, closing on an empty chamber.

It takes good spring to make a large cap mag work correctly.

We tried springs used in other mags from several companies and found none that worked out very well

Our springs work well in 10rnd and up to 15rnd mags.

Jim

Thanks for the input. I have another question, is it better to have the follower loose in the mag and moving easily even to the point of not tracking correctly or should it have much tighter tolerances and maybe give up some ease of movement so as to present the shells more accurately or does it even matter ?