Thats what i was afraid of. My son in law wants to buy one and nearly made the mistake of buying a century arms. Now id he was going to buy a 47 from century, thats not great, but 74 would be even worse. I would rather he just bought a saiga, but hell, he just doesnt listen it seems.

Ok, so in 2011 they were pretty much pretty shitty. Interim Arms was really bad a few years ago as well. i guess what Im trying to say is, have they turned themselves around recently. I checked the BBB for logged complaints but did not find any. I sent them an email and was surprised to hear back from them within hours via email on a quote for a AK-74. It was a nice looking piece with blond finish. I know you guys have have some rough dealings with them, but I am tired of waiting for Classic Firearms to get anything in and Atlantic has been a little shady lately.

Damn, its sad when what could be a good company does this. I have been looking at some of they're wood fineshes, and they are pretty sweet. My daughters bf wants an AK. He keeps mentioning Century, but i do not like them much. They have a horrible reputation when it comes to AK74's. And to be frank, theyre 47's are not much better. I think his price range is about 800 or less. I hope he doesnt buy crap but with the market being kind of shitty he might. I directed him to Classic Firearms and Atlantic. But Classic has a horrible inventory (still listing saiga 5.45 for 399 though never in stock) and the occasional pap gen 2. Also some bizzare Ak varriant called the 1975. Weird right. Anyways, when i heard about Lancaster i was pretty impressed at first. Some people love them, and some really hate them. He wont get a Saiga, and i fear he may go out and buy some bargain basement wassar.

Why on earth wouldnt he get a saiga? For what its worth as a new gun only touched by the ruskies and you if he converts it... its a much better deal. Unless he gets a fime/arsenal of course which is a saiga as well.

Besides converting it would be good bonding time lol