Being in NY all my Pre ban 30rd AK mags are now useless. I bought a few tapco 10 rd AK mags to hold me over till i leave this state. Problem is the fitment is tight. Like takes some effort to get them in and out. The Mag can stay in the magwell when it is not even locked in. Is there a correct way to fix this? i was thinking dremel off some material on the mag. Would rather mod the mag then the magwell if i can avoid it.I had this problem with a few 30rd steel mags but the general opinion was to mod the mag with a dremel.Just not sure if i can do that with the plastic/polymer mags.

Simple fix. Get some 100 grit sandpaper and a sanding block. Sand a little on each side of the mag at the top, check for fit and continue as needed. I've done a few that way. Even had to do a couple of steel Hungarian Tanker 20 rndrs.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had to do this for my AMD65. I like the Tapcos, they work well for me and I geat a really good lockup, with some fitting. I wouldnt use a dremel, you usually dont need that much taken off. Just a few swipes on each side with a file worked for me. Pay attention to where it is touching, you will see where its pressing or scraping the plastic, and take a few swipes, refit, swipe, refit, etc till it fits how you want.

Simple fix. Get some 100 grit sandpaper and a sanding block. Sand a little on each side of the mag at the top, check for fit and continue as needed. I've done a few that way. Even had to do a couple of steel Hungarian Tanker 20 rndrs.

either that. or do what I did when the TAPCO GOLANI mag was doing the same thing in my SAR3, I just rocked it back and forth 10 or so times in the mag well. it scraped the sides of the mag to where it now fits in without any issues

Edited by Matthew Hopkins