I drove 3 friends in the Wonderbus up into the mountains outside of town today for a good day of shooting. The shooting was great, we had everything from old pistol caliber lever actions to 7mm mags, shotguns and pistols. Around 30 guns all together, and shot for a couple of hours. I keep all of my camping supplies in the old VW so we had some hot press-coffee and a couple of those "just add hot water" dehydrated meals, (very tasty). We just had a small snowstorm of maybe 4 inches last night, but it was close to 50 degrees in the valley today, so the roads were more mud than snow.

We all agreed that the best part was the few other folks who drove up there, seeing a 40 year old VW bus, where they thought they needed a 4x4 to get to, and the VW being full of Guns......Not your stereotypical VW Bus!......"Peace?"... yeah..."Piece of Lead!" Hahaha!

Anyway, we are still having fun shooting guns in the woods, no matter what!!

Oh yeah, we all fill 1 garbage bag of target/litter before we leave the shooting area. I ask that you all Please do the same, and compensate for the errors of others. Too many areas on public land are being fenced off to prevent folks from shooting there, and it really all boils down to Litter.

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2

Amen to the range clean-up.

That does more to preserve the use of your freedom than a hundred rants online and an infinite number of facebook forwards.

• Like 1
Amen to the range clean-up.

That does more to preserve the use of your freedom than a hundred rants online and an infinite number of facebook forwards.

It's true! Anytime we are picking up, if another stranger arrives, 9 times out of 10 they start helping us clean up. Lots of folks are not bad and just need a little nudge in the right direction to see that it's cool to be responsible. We are all the sort of folks who may appear to be "Some tattooed Red-Necks", but we try to set a good example all-around with our range cleaning and friendliness to other shooters, and passers by. We meet a lot of good folks in these situations.

Edited by RobRez

Sounds like ya hadda blast Rob! Literally! I went to a friends place on saturday for some shooting. He literally has his own wooded mountain 40 minutes from me this side of Livingston (Bozeman Hill). The intention was to zero in some rifles, (which were already zeroed a while back) which turned into shooting of dead tree branches for kindling, and turning empty beer cans into aluminum confetti off his deck! Been a while since I got to waste some ammo...well, two weeks to be exact, but months before that, and it sure felt (and smelled) good!

• Like 2

I do have a private range at my Uncles place, but newly located homes have reduced our pistol/rifle range to Pistol only for safety. We are looking into building a small (100yds max.) rifle range, but that will have to be "For Real" as far as burms and safety goes.....amazing how much Dirt can cost.

• Like 2

Glad you had a good day shooting and awesome to clean up a little. I usualy take a couple bags to my shooting areas when I go and take home more than I bring or start a fire and burn all the trash. trash is about the only thing that ruins shooting areas. people get tired of the mess and shut them down

We had another 50 degree day today, so we hit the woods again. You can see by the photo how even bringing at least 1 bag for collecting trash per person hardly puts a dent in shit.... I try to make cleaning a positive and gather different color shotgun shells for making Christmas lights.

Anyway, another awesome day and a photo of "How we roll" here in Montana!! Perfectly legal transpotration of fun in the mostly Free world! I was thinking of my S-12 Bothers who may not enjoy such freedoms.

The 2x4s are the base of a Target stand. I do run 2 cables and padlocks through the frame of the rack and the triggers to ensure safety while in town.......but really anyone dumb enough to reach in there..............

post-16191-0-44428400-1364358880_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-04618800-1364358919_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-99607100-1364358954_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

"AMEN and Amen!!" Now after readin' and seein' your post, cabin fever is maxing out! I love the shotgun bandolieers lining the roll bar! Now I've got a project for my Jeep! I'm also gonna mount a custom two gun rack in her also.

Looks and sounds like you had one helluva day! Good on you!

• Like 1

Thanks! It is really nice to drive in traffic with this set up and most everyone who sees us is excited and enthusiastic, usually jealous that we are going to have fun without them We get lots of waves and folks taking pics.......in SOME states, I imagine, Lots of Weenies would panic and cry and call the "Athourities" and I would be in jail......if you live in one of those places......Effin MOVE!!!!!!! Come here and enjoy life!

• Like 2