PK-A red-dot arrived!, woo-hooo :)

Well the PK-A I ordered from a seller in Belarus has arrived and only took a week!.I have to say the quality is very good, which to be honest I didnt doubt as this is my fourth Russian optic.It came in a cammo pouch with instructions (in Russian unfortunately but no biggy), a ballistics card,a cleaning brush and soft cloth wipe (which they always wrap very nicely in tissue paper) and a 'sun hood' extension tube, all for £112 !!! :).With a quick adjustment to the mounting clamp and batteries fitted it was mounted, but zeroing will habe to wait as British Spring has given way to Winter again and its snowing like hell :(.

Heres a few pics to be going on with, let me know what you think :)

post-44524-0-13520300-1363961658_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-28801500-1363961674_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-21950800-1363961695_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-00805200-1363961712_thumb.jpg

If this was the rifle with that monstrous scope, then I'd say you got the setup awesome now!

Yes mate, it was the one with the POSP!.

The PK-A suits it sooo much better and it feels very nicely balanced.I have also ditched the single point sling as well as i feel the 2-point to be more practical, especially now it has had 'the silent treatment' with a bit of insulation tape on the attachment points :)

• Like 1

That's probably what I'll get when I get a S545. I'm thinking I want to make a 100 series clone and use a Russian dot. I used the Prismatic because I have a TWS dogleg and my 762 is tacticooled out

The Romanian AKM is exactly how I bought it (except for the scope of course),it came to the UK importer direct from the Cugir factory in Romania and he fitted the Soviet AKM laminate furniture,AKM sling and slant muzzle brake and the Izhmash Bakelite mag.Only thing I have added is a genuine Soviet 1000m rear sight with the correct Cyrillic 'battle' setting mark :).To be honest I won't use the scope on this as I love shooting it with the ironsights as Mr Kalashnikov intended ;)

Edited by UKAK
  • 3 weeks later...
Well the PK-A I ordered from a seller in Belarus has arrived and only took a week!.I have to say the quality is very good, which to be honest I didnt doubt as this is my fourth Russian optic.It came in a cammo pouch with instructions (in Russian unfortunately but no biggy), a ballistics card,a cleaning brush and soft cloth wipe (which they always wrap very nicely in tissue paper) and a 'sun hood' extension tube, all for £112 !!! smile.png.With a quick adjustment to the mounting clamp and batteries fitted it was mounted, but zeroing will habe to wait as British Spring has given way to Winter again and its snowing like hell sad.png.

Heres a few pics to be going on with, let me know what you think smile.png

attachicon.gifIMG_1122-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1121-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1123-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1124-2.jpg

How much did you pay for that scope and where did you get it?

Well the PK-A I ordered from a seller in Belarus has arrived and only took a week!.I have to say the quality is very good, which to be honest I didnt doubt as this is my fourth Russian optic.It came in a cammo pouch with instructions (in Russian unfortunately but no biggy), a ballistics card,a cleaning brush and soft cloth wipe (which they always wrap very nicely in tissue paper) and a 'sun hood' extension tube, all for £112 !!! :).With a quick adjustment to the mounting clamp and batteries fitted it was mounted, but zeroing will habe to wait as British Spring has given way to Winter again and its snowing like hell :(.

Heres a few pics to be going on with, let me know what you think :)[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1122-1.jpg[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1121-1.jpg[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1123-1.jpg[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1124-2.jpg

How much did you pay for that scope and where did you get it?

112 euro = 147 USD and probably $30 shipping to the USA

you keep showing off the luep, I wants one now
I absolutely love it for the AK. If you don't need magnification but want something better than a red dot of whatever brand this is what you want. Etched reticle so it works with or without illumination, the illumination module is removable to save weight or I guess to work on or replace it, the brightness is adjustable, and the mount is basically QD. A lot of the reviews I've seen on it mainly complained about the battery life SUPPOSEDLY being only 16 hours but I've accidentally left it on for over 5 hours at a time three times and used it at least 1 hour a week for ~4 months and its still as bright as it was new.

Best of all is Leupold's legendary no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Edited by dubya