http://capwiz.com/gunowners/home/

Okay so the title's misleading and in the wrong section. I know douchey tactic. Sorry.

But the deal is senate will be voting on a bill that will require ALL gun legislation require 2/3rd majority vote, TONIGHT. Get those emails out!!

Mods. PLEASE leave this till tomorrow!! Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 3

I am not sure that kind of legislation will work because whatever they vote on can be undone by another vote. It works like this: "we vote to never allow us to vote on gun laws" followed later by "we vote to rescind that law we made that never allows us to vote on gun laws!" Congress had the same problem enacting prohibition. The prohibitionists had the votes to pass prohibition in Congress, but that could have been rescinded by another vote of Congress, right? Prohibitionists wanted to make prohibition permanent. That is why they made it a constitutional amendment that could not be reversed by Congress. So why is alcohol consumption legal and how did the constitional amendment get changed? Because some bright person figured out that even if Congress couldn't reverse the constitutional amendment on prohibition, a new constitutional amendment rescinding the amenment on prohibition would reverse it! To date that is the only constituional amendment reversing another amendment!

Bretonmaritre, don't bring your newbie ass in here raining on my parade! naaaa.gif Despite the reality that all laws are subject to change that's no reason we should allow ones we don't like to pass and ones we do like to go unsupported. I've sent my letter, have you?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Sent. I hope it's not too late. Of course, It went to Schumer and Gillibrand so I might as well have shot myself in the foot.

And this is the message I sent:

Please vote for the Lee amendment to the budget resolution to prohibit the Senate from approving bills like the Feinstein gun ban without a 2/3 vote.
If you are genuinely opposed to Feinstein, you should also be supportive of Lee.
Gun Owners of America tells me that they will be scoring this vote.
I would like to add that I will be voting against both of you in the next upcoming elections. You have BOTH been detrimental to the well-being of NY state. We are the highest taxed, most over-governed welfare State in the nation and this is largely the fault of the elected officials not doing their jobs.
Edited by Yeoldetool