Is that right there on the "unsupported" part? or could it be firing a bit out of battery and adding to the problem?. I had my Thompson run wild with me last weekend, I was picking tiny bits of brass out of the inner part of my arm for a while, from the shell that exploded and finally stopped it, I guess the fricking firing pin is hanging up again, this puppy is going back into the safe and staying there, I don't need any problems or medical bills.

That was in a bunch of brass I pick up once fired off another site.

It might have been reloaded to hot or fired to many times, I just dont know.

My son does most of the reloading, I showed him what to look for and he found this.

We are very careful about when we reload and look close at every case.

He reloads slow to keep things safe for us.

• Like 1

My understanding is that this is mostly a problem for the .40 S&W Glocks.

I did find a severely bulged 9mm that I think was a range pick up the other day. It got stuck in the brass feed mechanism of my press.

I also picked up a handfull of 9x18 brass, and it got un-seperated, so now I have to keep a close eye on all the 9mm Luger.

I either need to chuck it or chemical stain it all red for russian.

I've been reloading for Glocks for about 18 years, first .40 then 10mm, and I've never seen a casing quite like that. OTOH, I don't push my loads, either. Looks like that case was run hot, maybe a few too many times.

Is that your casing, or just a picture you found somewhere? If yours, what brand of dies do you use?

• Like 1

Netpackrat, not one my fired cases, I buy once fired off the net.

It is one we caught in the reloads we do, we have a turret press and hand load slow.

My son does most of it, I showed him what to look for and he finds a few, that was the worst.

We use LEE dies.

We use a "factory" crimp die for the 40S&W just take the crimp part out and push the case all the way out.

Edited by RED333
Netpackrat, not one my fired cases, I buy once fired off the net.

It is one we caught in the reloads we do, we have a turret press and hand load slow.

My son does most of it, I showed him what to look for and he finds a few, that was the worst.

We use LEE dies.

Interesting. That's one reason why I am leery of buying somebody else's "once fired" brass. I've done it before, and probably will again, but you definitely have to take "once fired" with a grain of salt. Whenever I've bought used brass, even if it's sold as once fired, I always find a few cases that show obvious signs of reloading.

I was at the range Sunday morning and I actually went to the trouble of picking up a bunch of my multiple firings cases just to throw them away. I'm phasing out all of the nickel brass that I had in 10mm, because whenever I find a split or burst case, it seems like it is always in the nickel plated stuff. There are some guys at our range who go around picking up brass when the range closes at the end of the day, and I didn't want those cases to get sold to some poor schmuck as once fired.

I run Dillon dies and they are nice, but they do tend to contribute to the base bulge that reloaded cases often exhibit.

Doesn't dillon offer the pistol equivalent of small base dies?

Yeah, the Dillon dies really size them down to minimum spec. That, and the generous radius that doesn't size all the way to the base, is what causes the prominent "bulge" down at the base where the sizing stops.