24X1RH F.A.S.T. BRAKE FROM SOLAR TACTICAL

GUYS,

SOLAR TACTICAL IS BRINGING OUT THEIR F.A.S.T. BRAKE IN 24X1RH FOR BETTER RECOIL CONTROL THAN THE '74 TYPE BRAKE FOUND ON THE SGL's, ETC.

I HAVE ONE OF THEIR ORIGINAL 14X1LH's ON A MILLED POLISH M1960 AND IT REDUCES THE RECOIL TO A BIT LESS THAN AN AR IMHO, AND SOMEWHAT LESS FLASH THAN THE '74 BRAKE ON MY SGL21-76. THIS IS USING BARNAUL AMMO.

PROJECTED PRICE IS $64.95, NOT IN STOCK YET, AS THE MFG'R IS STILL MACHINING THE FIRST BATCH, WON'T BE LONG THOUGH.

THEY ALSO MAKE A VERY SLICK MAGWELL FUNNEL, AS SEEN BELOW, THAT WILL CUT RELOAD TIME IN HALF EASILY. THESE FIT THE SGL TYPE RECEIVERS, AND TAKE ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO PUT ON.

JESS1344

post-45478-0-86464800-1365545201.jpg

Edited by JESS1344

( non vendor link removed, sorry gents... )

I bought the 24mm x 1 Manticore Nightshroud last year (I think they came out with them last year) for one of my x-39's. Very, very impressive. They tout it as one of the most effective flash hiders (last year) on the market. It's also an excellent brake as well. My muzzle barrel barely rises during rapid firing with it. It's really light, and shorter than most flash hiders and brakes. It also has multiple index pin notches at the rear, so no wobble. And of course, made in the USA!

MOSTHOLY,

MY 14X1LH IS 2 1/32" X 15/16", THE 24X1 LOOKS TO BE MAYBE, AT MOST, 1/4" LONGER, JUST EYEBALLING THE DIFFERENCE IN THE DISTANCE FROM THE BACKSIDE OF THE REAR PORT TO THE END, ON BOTH OF THEM.

PLUS THE BACK END IS ENLARGED FOR THE 24X1

NO WAY TO REALLY WEIGH IT, DON'T THINK THE BATHROOM SCALES ARE SENSITIVE ENOUGH.

I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE THAN THE '74 TYPE, IT'S MORE SOLID THAN THE '74, BUT SHORTER, WHEREAS THE '74 IS LONGER, 3 1/4" X 1.0" AND MORE HOLLOW.

THE COLOR ON MINE IS REALLY, REALLY DARK FDE; THE ONE PICTURED ABOVE IS SEVERAL SHADES LIGHTER.

IN THE AD, IT STATES: "MADE FROM HEAT TREATED STEEL WITH MELONITE COATING / STAINLESS STEEL BLACK OXIDE COATED.", WHICH WOULD MAKE ONE THINK YOU COULD GET IT EITHER WAY, MELONITE OR BLACK, BUT THERE'S NOWHERE TO CLICK FOR AN OPTION, EXCEPT FOR THREAD SIZE.

HAVE TO CALL 'EM FOR CLARITY, I RECKON: 925-447-4743.

JESS1344

(non vendor link removed... sorry gents )

I bought the 24mm x 1 Manticore Nightshroud last year (I think they came out with them last year) for one of my x-39's. Very, very impressive. They tout it as one of the most effective flash hiders (last year) on the market. It's also an excellent brake as well. My muzzle barrel barely rises during rapid firing with it. It's really light, and shorter than most flash hiders and brakes. It also has multiple index pin notches at the rear, so no wobble. And of course, made in the USA!

How does it work at night? Not all birdcages are equal! Most combination flash break units can be seen at night that I have found.

How does it work at night? Not all birdcages are equal! Most combination flash break units can be seen at night that I have found.

Nothing beats the bulgy 4-piece brake for flash control. On my 10.25" M92 it completely eliminated the fireball. All that's left is some sparks. It also helps with recoil, although not as much as a dedicated brake.

At first I didn't care for the look of it but I've come to love it for it's excellent function.

" Doh"! Got caught up in the moment and forgot about the non-vender thing! Apologies Indy.

There was also another video I saw comparing a few different effective flash hiders while firing in pitch dark. The Manticore was definately much less noticable than the ones that were compared to it.

I haven't fired mine at night yet. I want to see how much of a difference there will be between it, and the birdcage I have on my other 7.62.

Nothing beats the bulgy 4-piece brake for flash control. On my 10.25" M92 it completely eliminated the fireball. All that's left is some sparks. It also helps with recoil, although not as much as a dedicated brake.

At first I didn't care for the look of it but I've come to love it for it's excellent function.

Hmmm I do have the XP spring to handle it on my 16.2 inch Saiga 223. Where did you get yours?

Hmmm I do have the XP spring to handle it on my 16.2 inch Saiga 223. Where did you get yours?

CNC Warrior