POSP 8x42 Rangefinder scope?

IIRC the top chevron was for ranges out to 900M with 7.62X54R ammo... from there, the next lower chevrons were calibrated for 1000M, 1100M, 1200M or something crazy like that... might even be 1100, 1300, and 1500... I dont recall 100%, sorry... I DO know, though , that it was for very long ranges.. ranges you will probably NEVER have to worry about shooting.

Best I can recommend is that you do some shooting at those ranges and see if you can pick a point between the topmost two chevrons, so that you will have an idea where to aim for all them 2, 3, and 4 hundred yard shots you plan to take...

:smoke:

Trailblazer Thanks, this explains it. I need to go out and put up a 1 meter target and try the range finder and see how well I can estimate!

Thanks also IndyArms and Crosshair. The second chevron did look like it might work at 1000+ yards in 308. Crazy!

For my 22" .308 with 6x42, top chevron with turret at 1 = 100m, 1.5 =200m 2= 250 (low) 3= 300m.

On my Romak3 in 54R with 8x42 1.5= 100m 2=200m 3=300m 4=400m 5=500m 6.5=600m and 8=700m

Thats as far as I have sucessfully hit anything with either rifle with any consistancy.

The top chevron is the only one you should use. The lower are for unreasonable distances given the power of the cartridges being fired.