I had been hearing from a coworker for some time now about the Appleseed project,

which is something done by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association. He challenged

me to come shoot Rifleman, which is fairly difficult. I had shot their known distance

event previously, and have shot all my life, so I managed to do it on the first try

this past weekend, but didn't get much over the 210 of 250 minimum, so there's room

to improve.

I really enjoyed it, the marksmanship fundamentals are awesome, and the historical lessons

are entertaining and very enlightening and educational. I fortunately had my sling marked

up, a good little scope on my old but damned accurate 10/22, and was good to go. I may

work on the trigger before I go to another later on, along with PRACTICE.

Since I don't want to link to a non member, if you google for appleseed, you'll find it.

I highly recommend it to anyone over 6 or so. They just shoot 22s at 25 yards, but those

final targets are about the size of a 50 cent piece, so it takes some doing.

Anyway, hope some people here try it out.

Appleseed is a great program!

I've been to multiple Seeds and shot Rifleman at all... They keep trying to give me a funny orange hat to wear. dry.png

My best score on the AQT has been a 226.

Pic from my last shoot.

Appleseed4_zps0f773b9a.jpg

If you like Appleseed, i highly recommend attending a Civilian Marksmanship Program shoot.

I've done a couple of those too and they are right up there with Appleseed.

Both will teach something to anyone, from the most novice to experienced. Even the most experienced can gain from a basic refresher course if they go into it with an open mind.