In a 40 cal what one would be better?

Full size Springfield XD

Or Glock 22.

This is going to be my carry piece, yes it's a little on the big side but I'm a big guy. I would carry my springfield by my work doesn't let me carry 1911 single actions.

I would like to know finish durability, accuracy, any problems anyone has had. I personally have seen only 1 Glock jam and it was due to limp-wristing so bad that the gun wouldn't cycle. Otherwise the XD i have not seen anyone have any problems. Even one guy who has shot almost 15,000+rounds through his XD with no problems.

I'm partial to my XD-40 service over my G-17. I like the feel a tad better. I did play with my buddy's new G-36 and that's a sweet gun, but limited in capacity.

I picked up a firedragon 9mm barrel for the XD-40 and a Laserlyte QD. I've only got about 600 rounds of 9mm & 400 rounds of 40cal through it where I have over 1500 through the Glock. The bore axis seems a little lower in the hand than the XD, so pointing is a little different.

I also like the fit of the mags on the XD a little better.

The finish on the Glock is a little better - seems tougher - but I haven't had trouble with either.

Try to shoot both before you buy. You can't go wrong with either.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made my decsion and it was so easy. The new XD 45 ACP!!!

Springfield finally did the right thing a made it for my favorite caliber. The guns won't be availble till 1st quarter but still. 14 rounds they hold too. Lot of fire power for a gun that isn't bigger than the 40/9mm frame.

Well I made my decsion and it was so easy. The new XD 45 ACP!!!

Springfield finally did the right thing a made it for my favorite caliber. The guns won't be availble till 1st quarter but still. 14 rounds they hold too. Lot of fire power for a gun that isn't bigger than the 40/9mm frame.

Son-of-a-bitch! 14 in there - I had to go check the site myself...then remove spooge from the keyboard!

I dunno how they managed that...

I seen one XD-45 GAP at the gun show last fall. Those are few & far between. I imagine the ACP version will be a little more scarce until '07. Hmmm...maybe with the longer ACP geometry they will cram a 10mm version out!

I going to really try to get one here in the next few weeks. I have some connections just hopefully I can call in all the favors for this one. Yeah 14 rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was never possible. If it is anything like there saying it is going to be the hottest pistol of next year. There is so much hype hopefully Springfield can fill the demand.

Glock hands down has a better, tougher, longer lasting finish. I don't think that's really up for debate.

The rest however is why I chose the XD over glock.

Better grip angle

Better safety features

-- I really do like the grip saftey ala 1911 style.

-- Loaded chamber indicator's pretty slick too.

Better trigger pull

Fully supported chamber.

Price

XD-40 can be converted to .357sig (and vice versa) w/ a drop in brl.

Barrel is rifled, not that odd glock hexamathingy

Edited by M15A4spr
  • 4 weeks later...
Glock hands down has a better, tougher, longer lasting finish. I don't think that's really up for debate.

The rest however is why I chose the XD over glock.

Better grip angle

Better safety features

-- I really do like the grip saftey ala 1911 style.

-- Loaded chamber indicator's pretty slick too.

Better trigger pull

Fully supported chamber.

Price

XD-40 can be converted to .357sig (and vice versa) w/ a drop in brl.

Barrel is rifled, not that odd glock hexamathingy

my XD40 service will never leave me. i had the finish redone by Mac's restoration in Tucson, just the slide. Vietnam tiger striped. I have the OD lower, put on a Don's guide rod from HS2000.com and a couple of 12 round mags, added an XML, fantastic gun!

my XD40 service will never leave me. i had the finish redone by Mac's restoration in Tucson, just the slide. Vietnam tiger striped. I have the OD lower, put on a Don's guide rod from HS2000.com and a couple of 12 round mags, added an XML, fantastic gun!

Not to hijack High_Cap's thread, but when you post about custom finish on a gun, It's almost a rule you have to provide Pictures! ;) Sounds like you've got a slick looking XD !

My XD holds 17+1 as well...any XD-9 will do that if you use 40 cal/357 mags.

That said, I'd gladly sacrifice 3 rounds & go with the XD-45 acp...

:smoke:

+1. I want one of those XD-45's but demand is going to be high and supply short this year. Hopefully more will be floating around at a reasonable price with a little time. Very nice piece though.

Wolvie :smoke: