Question on Factory Gas Plug

Just a quick question hope it isn't considered dumb haha... On the factory gas plug after cleaning it do I screw it all the way back in and then back to proper setting? Because I can do that and after I make a complete round the stop pin will still lock into place once I get back to the number 1 setting, so is there two #1 and two #2 settings? I hope this makes sense... Thanks for the help....

Hold the pin down and screw it all the way in, then back it out to the desired setting.

Yep, this is how I do it as well. On mine, it actually stops right around #1 when screwed in completely. I sometimes have to use a screwdriver to get the last couple of degrees of rotation to engage the pin correctly if using setting #1. Most of the time, though, I just back it out until #2 since that works best for the cheap ammo that I mostly practice with.

• Like 1

Also, if you screw it in tight and it locks in, then gets crudded up, it may be more difficult to get out. Use a bit on never-sieze on the threads (only).

• Like 1