Strange bumps and buttons Century/zastava m70 rifle

I was visiting a local gun shop and noticed they had these Nice looking Zastava m70 rifles for sale they have been emailing me with falling prices since the panic wore off. But as I was looking I noticed a strange button on the rear of the reciever, that almost looked like a folding mechanism lock. It is the third nipple or looks like a rivet on the back of the reciever, and pushes left to right. You can see the top cover is notched where the button sits.

Forgive me if I am ignorant but of all the ak's I've seen including my Zastava PAP pistol, I have never seen this button and I am very curios what it is for. The only picture I could find is the reverse side.

post-33076-0-30228600-1368110222_thumb.jpg

post-33076-0-27415800-1368110233_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghost44

The ones I saw actually did not have a rail, these were the only web shots I could find showing the button. They have nicely finished furniture and were just lowered to 799.00 they are here in salt lake city at a newer place called "lan world". They have a website, and usually decent prices. We bought some pistol m92s from them a few months back at 675, wish I had bought one to keep now I know more about them.

My son in law loves his bulgarian but got screwed on the price. Whats up with the scope mount? Or did you mean the one on the dust cover?

The side rail, doesn't look straight.

The recoil spring is locked in place that button must be pressed in to get the recoil spring guide to go in to release the top cover. I had an m70 underfolder. It was a very accurate ak.

Good eye speedy. So, are gun laws the same all over the UK?

They are the same all over the UK, except for Northern Ireland which has less restrictive laws on handguns and still allows personal protection as a valid reason to own a firearm.

The side rail's alignment with the receiver doesn't matter, and most don't line up with the receiver rails/dust cover any way. What's important is that the rail is mostly parallel with the barrel.

The newer PAP M70s usually have the rail these days. Older ones may not.