Ok, the big finish... to my optics quest. Parabellum Armaments AKARS with a Vortex StrikeFire.... fingers crossed but ready... IYHO or experience, will I be able to co-witness or am I delusional again? I have read so much on it, I'll be cross-eyed for a month. (which won't help much with my optics) Anyone hear of or experience problems with this setup? If I could find a 1 day half off Aimpoint Micro sale(but worth every dime), there would be no problemsgreedy.gif , be that as it may, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The question usually really is not if it can be done, but how and how much it will cost. There are workarounds or mods that can be done by someone somewhere to do about any project, all it takes is money.

You might get lucky and it all just falls together or just have to make a simple minor change to something. Worst case is something that doesn’t exist anywhere will have to be designed, fabricated, and fit/attached to something that also has to be modified.

You’ll know more what you’re looking at when you have all the items in hand.

Good luck.

looked at an AK/Saiga with the Vortex mounted with the side mount used looked like it was lower that way than you can get with the AKARS. Just looks like the scope mounted on the rail above the dust cover is going to be higher.

Edited by the 4th Doctor

With a Strikefire, you're only option to cowitness (that I'm aware of) is with using an RS Regulate 30mm AKM side rail mount.... AKM being the product name, there. Brownells is the main distributor, IIRC, but they stay sold out quite often. The designer, Horse, is a member here. You could shoot him a PM and I'm sure he could direct you to where to purchase one.

Jesus thats high. Still like the ones offset to the left.

Um, scroll down. It's as close to perfect as you can get. You don't use the side mount. You use the rings on the rail. It's one RCH on the top of the front sight post. To have it perfect, you would have to modify the rail. It will look like this.... i <--- the dot in the i is red and the l is your front sight post.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/Optics/PK01V_AKARS_LeftClose.JPG