If your bolt lock isn't functioning it requires more clearance in that area. Fit the stripped upper to your lower and look into the ejection port so you can see exactly where the bolt lock touches the upper and remove some material from the upper at that point. Just do a little at a time until the lock functions.

Even when I manually engage the bolt catch as far as it will go up, it barely contacts the bolt assembly and it isn't enough to engage. I know some people have to file them sometimes, but does anyone else have this issue? Apparently SIZE does matter. That is the story of my life.... just a little bit short of what I need. Thanks again for all the help.

Right, because it's contacting the side of the upper. The polymer lowers all had differences in dimensions so the upper was hand filed at the factory for the bolt lock to work for each individual lower. Since the TAC-12 lower has much closer tolerances in some cases that clearance on the upper needs to be increased in order for the lock to function. The problem isn't with the bolt lock itself it's with the upper.

Edited by Anubis

We just completed 50 more TAC-12 lowers today annd the last 100 or so from this production cycle will be done soon.

If you are on the list 0 to 200 you are up

Jim

Can't wait to do some serious damage with mine! #172.... You just made my week!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the customer service!