Enidine Shot Shock - where still has them?

Interesting that you posted this, I've been looking for one for a while. I'm thinking ITT/Enidine isn't making them any more or something because I see "discontinued" a lot when I find a listing.

Hard to figure why a part that is in demand and sells for $129-$150 isn't being made. Maybe ITT decided to stick with all the other industrial shock absorbing items they make and get out of "guns". Who knows?

Probably the case -- how soon we forget the fear of anti gun legislation. Since they make many other things and the shot shock was an aside, they probably made a business decision to discontinue production before it, along with pretty much everything else was outlawed...

If I'm not mistaken there are companies who put their brand on the tube but they were still made by ITT/Enidine. If there is another that's made by a different manufacturer and works anywhere near as well I'd like to know about it. I haven't been able to find one though.

Yeah, just checked the Mesa Tactical website;

"The new Recoil Buffer is manufactured for Mesa Tactical by Enidine Incorporated."

Edited by Squishy

Isn't Mesa Tactical Vince's (scummy individual from Son's of Guns) company? If so from what I have seen depicted from TV (I know, I know -- tv does not depict reality...) he does not have the capability to manufacture much of anything.

I've been doing some poking around on this, left a few phone messages and lo and behold I got an in depth phone message reply today that stated yes, in fact Enidine called their distributors shortly after Newtown and told them they would no longer manufacture the Shot Shock tube. The caller told me that Enidine said they would fulfill outstanding orders but would cease production of the tube once this was done.

My, my....

I'm not sure if what spooked them into throwing in a towel they certainly didn't have to was the fact this tube is used on ARs or not.

But, there is a market for this part and I'm confident someone will step in to take advantage of it, shouldn't be hard to do.

• 1 month later...

Lotsa companies do, and each one acts as if it is the newest and only...

Any examples?

I guess not.

NoKick.com has gotten some of these in and these will most certainly be the last. The price has gone up $40 from the last one I got, don't know if pricing was higher from Enidine but it doesn't really matter. As I've said, I have used one of these on my first Saiga-12 and have never had cycling problems or gotten the slightest bit of soreness in my shoulder.

I won't say it's the Shot Shock alone but I have no doubt it helps.

It's your decision whether it's worth $169 or not.

And yes, I bought one this time around.

I overstated a generality. There are a lot that do the same basic thing with a spring, but I don't know of any other hydraulic examples.

Not a problem man, we all benefit from the info you share on this board.

The SS is patented so I don't know if anyone else will ever be able to produce something similar without obtaining the patent. Given the reasons Enidine stopped producing it I doubt they'd ever allow anyone else to run with it.

Guys don't fret too much . I have been calling around and there is credible talk of at least one other company (if not two) jumping into the fray with a new Shot Shock and other hydraulic buffers. This can be as early as September or October so keep your eyes peeled for them.

• 5 months later...