Vepr Folder Observations

1) The weld was easy to cut with a dremel. I am not sure it could be beat free with a hammer as at least one person suggested, or that I would even attempt that.

2) Ya, before anyone speculates, I have more than enough 922 parts.

3) The Release mechanism and the hinge are stiff, especially the release mechanism. Same for everyone?

4) The receiver back end is cut at an angle compared with the non-folding model.

5) Never been a fan of the way the folder stock droops, appearance wise. I wanted to get this chop it off and put a buffertube/adapter on there. Now that I have it, I like the function of the stock and the cheek weld. Still not hot about the looks though. Giving that some thought yet.

See this for some of the russian folders with buffer tube adapters:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/81003-vepr-12-folding-stock-options/

I'd probably go a step further and just see if I can get someone to weld a buffer tube chopped at the right angle directly to the flat folding mech plate after cutting off the stock one if I do it. Disadvantages being: Not sure can retain the folded position retainer. No biggie for me. Another Ar style buffer and stock? If welded so it comes straight out from the receiver (same angle as the barrel) it would fold to an angle not inline with the receiver.

Well the Russians never really cared for how it looks, but preferred function over form, and I concur. So have you shot it? Do you like it more vs. the fixed stock? Im going to wait on the next batch to see what comes in next. lol.

Haven't shot it yet, unfortunately. Probably be next weekend before I can get 5 minutes to do my thing. Crazy summer schedules with kids out of school now, etc. Barely have enough time to myself to take a f'in dump without someone trying to get in the room.