4 replies to this topic

#1 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Okay, so I was looking at the 223 Vepr at Centerfire for 699 and I was wondering about the stocks it takes. The guy at Centerfire swears they take a regular AK stock but I was trying to figure out how. I know the Vepr RPK receivers are thicker and usually you have to use a RPK receiver so I was trying to figure out how that works. Granted my experience is limited to my Vepr 12 which I have the Bonesteel RPK Galil Style stock on, that I am refrencing. Can someone help me understand, I got to a point on the phone where we just stalemated because the guy couldn't explain how or why they took regular stocks, just that they did. I am 100% okay with being wrong I just want to know why, thanks for the help.

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

#2 AZG

AZG

Meat Popsicle

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Okay, so I was looking at the 223 Vepr at Centerfire for 699 and I was wondering about the stocks it takes. The guy at Centerfire swears they take a regular AK stock but I was trying to figure out how. I know the Vepr RPK receivers are thicker and usually you have to use a RPK receiver so I was trying to figure out how that works. Granted my experience is limited to my Vepr 12 which I have the Bonesteel RPK Galil Style stock on, that I am refrencing. Can someone help me understand, I got to a point on the phone where we just stalemated because the guy couldn't explain how or why they took regular stocks, just that they did. I am 100% okay with being wrong I just want to know why, thanks for the help.

I had to shave off about 1/16th on each side going back and forth til it fit. In my experience, they do not fit without modification. 

LOCK UP YOUR GUNS!!!!!! KIDS WILL FIND THEM!!! :  https://www.youtube....HeXC7L85s?rel=0

b7d5b530-bc2b-470e-a931-c451a097b518_zps

#3 Mullet Man

Mullet Man

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I had to shave off about 1/16th on each side going back and forth til it fit. In my experience, they do not fit without modification. 

Second that. I had to shave a bit off a KVAR stock to get it into my Vepr12.

Are you a resident of Illinois? Join www.Illinoiscarry.com

Items for sale...http://forum.saiga-1...-vepr12-and-ak/

#4 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Was that on a square back Vepr?

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

#5 AZG

AZG

Meat Popsicle

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Was that on a square back Vepr?

Yes sir. I have done it to my Vepr 12 and also AES10b. 

LOCK UP YOUR GUNS!!!!!! KIDS WILL FIND THEM!!! :  https://www.youtube....HeXC7L85s?rel=0

b7d5b530-bc2b-470e-a931-c451a097b518_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users