Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Man

Square Back 223 Stocks

Okay, so I was looking at the 223 Vepr at Centerfire for 699 and I was wondering about the stocks it takes. The guy at Centerfire swears they take a regular AK stock but I was trying to figure out how. I know the Vepr RPK receivers are thicker and usually you have to use a RPK receiver so I was trying to figure out how that works. Granted my experience is limited to my Vepr 12 which I have the Bonesteel RPK Galil Style stock on, that I am refrencing. Can someone help me understand, I got to a point on the phone where we just stalemated because the guy couldn't explain how or why they took regular stocks, just that they did. I am 100% okay with being wrong I just want to know why, thanks for the help.

Okay, so I was looking at the 223 Vepr at Centerfire for 699 and I was wondering about the stocks it takes. The guy at Centerfire swears they take a regular AK stock but I was trying to figure out how. I know the Vepr RPK receivers are thicker and usually you have to use a RPK receiver so I was trying to figure out how that works. Granted my experience is limited to my Vepr 12 which I have the Bonesteel RPK Galil Style stock on, that I am refrencing. Can someone help me understand, I got to a point on the phone where we just stalemated because the guy couldn't explain how or why they took regular stocks, just that they did. I am 100% okay with being wrong I just want to know why, thanks for the help.

I had to shave off about 1/16th on each side going back and forth til it fit. In my experience, they do not fit without modification.

I had to shave off about 1/16th on each side going back and forth til it fit. In my experience, they do not fit without modification.

Second that. I had to shave a bit off a KVAR stock to get it into my Vepr12.

Was that on a square back Vepr?

Was that on a square back Vepr?

Yes sir. I have done it to my Vepr 12 and also AES10b.