Got to shoot a borrowed Vepr-12 at a match this weekend

I went to a local Man vs. Man match and they didn't have an Open division so I couldn't shoot the shotgun and pistol I brought so I borrowed a STI pistol in .40 from a friend and a Vepr-12 from a guy I never met before in addition to my regular competition AR. His Vepr was pretty new but ran like a clock and we shot about 9 matches between the two of us and never had a hickup. A little more recoil than my R&R Saiga, but it seems like a very nice and usable shotgun right out of the box.

Doug

• Like 4

It was a new outfit called Washington 3 Gun Association. They are doing a Man vs Man format with lots of small targets that were very difficult to hit. Average hit ratio was probably below 40%. I won shooting just over 50%. Took 8 hours to shoot 16 competitors through the matrix using double eliminations. This was the first event that they have run and if they don't figure out how to reset faster it is going to die very quickly.

Doug

• Like 1