.410 smites another bunny rabbit!

Well, It was a boring Christmas Eve this AM... so I went out with my buddy to do a little rabbit hunting...

DUAL Saiga .410's were unleashed upon the hoards of the wascally wabbits this day!

I also brought my Lil girl beagle pup on her FIRST hunt! She is only 14 weeks old, so is still a little young. I didnt expect much from her, and she made me very pleased!!! She stayed with the older dog as often as she could ( We hunted with my buddies beagle) was also always with either me or my buddy, if not with the other dog. And, the best part... is by NO MEANS Gun Shy!!! The guns would fire... she'd look up expectant... so thats also a very good sign.

I shot one lil critter, in the backside... it flopped around, squealing... Annie ran over to it, but was uncertain of what to do, or what to think... till the older beagle came over and *CRUNCH* dead bunny... THEN she was all for it. Tried to even steal it from the bigger dog!! hahahaha

She was all about the bunny after that!!

Next time the lil boy dog gets his first hunt... we will see how HE does!

So far, I think I got a winner with the little girl. It wont be till NEXT YEAR that I expect much from her... but so far, she did very well for a lil puppy on her first hunt!

Annie is the one on the right, with the stripe on her forehead... :wub:

:smoke:

pups1.jpg

hey, you dont have a beagle like brother does next door? his hears you shoot? looks at where the rounds hit, and runs right the hell in the way. EVERY time. he goes nuts when he sees a deer too, and has scared kills away.

the dog has good instinct, but I tell ya, when I am bump firing up back and brother's dog comes shooting through the woods ready to tear into the ground, a soda bottle, a log, you name it, because I am dumping 20 round mags at a time at something, it tends to get pretty annoying to have to stop and chase the bugger out of the line of fire.

Thanks GOB... I will have to take some more pics of the pups...

SO far they both are very good lil pups... I will keep my fingers crossed... although, I suspect good breeding will yield good dogs... I do believe these will be great dogs!

Of course that requires good training, and lots of love... they get more than their fair share of that... with an 8 yr old, an 11 yr old, the wife and myself... we almost fight over who gets to have a puppy at some point or another! LOL

:smoke: