Vepr 12 is fixed gas cycling pressure?

Hello,does the Vepr 12 self regulate gas cycling pressure?Is the design one in which they have come to a compromise of the size of the gasports required to cycle a variety of different shell loads?AS opposed to the Saiga 12 which has the adjustable gas plug to vary pressure dependent on load size,thanks for any info,tom

Im no engineer, but I havent been able to find anything that would obviously make it self regulating, but Im not going to say it isnt with 100% certainty. Im not sure of why the design difference in the puc/piston, so its hard to say.

They have 5 ports and from what I can best figure is the piston is delayed from reciprocating by binding inside the hollow of the puck, due to the loose toleranceof the carrier tilting during cycling. This is the only thing i can think of would make then claim "self regulating".

My guess is that heavier loads accelerating faster create a greater tilt and increase contact time of the piston in the hollow.

I could be wrong.

For what its worth, I feel that it has to be somewhat self regulating. I dont really think its marketing bullshit, but rather that Molot wouldnt say it is if it wasnt. (somehow). Just because we cant figure it out dont really mean that it aint. Thats just my two dipshits. But like I said, Im not engineer.

GB you asking for is Molot IPSC GB modified from standard Molot FSB (similar to S12-030) work the same as original V12 FSB, it has the opening front for easy cleaning during competition (you don't need to remove Upper HG with Gas tube for removing gas puck and clean gas block), was designed for Vepr-12 VPO-206 IPSC model.

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 3