E. German Mags

Well I persisted and got the E.German mag to function flawlessly. Welded a feed ramp to the front of mag. using a 1/4" flat plate, I'am now going to put 12 guage plate's to the sides of mag to stop the side to side rocking.I'am not pissed anymore, I love my Saiga again. If I was back in the shop and had all the equipment( I'am retired) it would be a piece of cake. A Tig welder would make the job very easy and professonal looking.

Hi jsf and IndyArms,

I am new in the forum (and french...)

and have a saiga too, but without 30 rounds mag...

Thank you to show me with pictures how to modify magazines.

And I will try it myself. (sorry but my english is not very good...)

Friendly

ARTA

I posted a quick "how to" in this section already, I will copy a link for you...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8446

You can see the before, and after magazines, side by side....

Obviously, there is much discussion on what is the best way to go as far as modifications, to make a S223 work with other magazines.

FOR ME, as I have JUST ONE S223, and NO OTHER RIFLES that will fit an AK .223 style mag, the modification I posted was the quickest, cheapest, EASIEST way to go about it. :up: :up:

It requires NO BULLET GUIDE, NO MODS to the rifle, and about 5 minutes of work on EACH magazine. ( Yeah, ya gotta have that little screw, too! )

If you have a dremel and a small screw, you can make it work in very short time.

:smoke:

Hi IndyArms,

Thanks for your link, it's very interesting.

The screw don't go in the barrel or anywhere else ? I am surprise !...

Sure that it is the most easier solution, I will try it.

I am very glad to have all theses responses.

Thank again for everybody, it is fine.

friendly

ARTA

No problem, Arta!

There are MANY ways to modify your gun for hi cap mags. Some are easy like mine, some are also easy and require other aspects of modification.

Some people like to add a feedramp, to use NON modified mags, so that they can use them in other things.

Some like myself, dont want to mod the rifle, but want the mag to do it all...

Always nice to have choices.

As far as my mod... yes... that little screw becomes the feedramp, and you just need to take off the minimum amount of mag-metal, so that your magazine will fit and lock into the rifle.

Simple as that.

You can also combine mods... some people grind away a little bit of the two lugs inside the receiver, so that you dont have to cut away the metal from the front of the magazine... choice is yours...

:smoke:

Hi IndyArms,

Your explanation is very clearly.

Than I understand better the way to modify mags for saiga.

I will try something, and I tell you later what I have done with success or not...

I am sorry but if the photography is yours, you are very beautifull !

Don't irritate please; I am French...

Friendly