My Free S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm Black/Stainless a gem

A while ago I posted that I was given two 9mm pistols a Sig P 250 compact and a Sigma SW9VE plus about 4000 rounds of 9mm and 40 S&W. It was a humble time for me but they wanted to give it all to me.

I took the heavy gritty trigger pull of this Sigma and cut it to a smooth 5 1/2 lb pull with the help of a lot of buffing and spring replacement and of coarse Frog Lube.

Took it to the range this past week and only had to run 50 rounds through it because the gun was dead on.

Last night it was gun cleaning night and after cleaning the pile I compared the trigger pull of the Sigma to the Wife's M&P subcompact . The result was that the Sigma of was a little stronger but not by much with a little longer reset but not by much.

I like this gun so much I may carry it even if it is a 9 mm, as all I carry has been 40 S&W forever.

This gun has a great grip, is dead on accurate,even though the sights are fixed plastic and recoil is nothing. I wounder why it never became popular like other guns. I can say I only have seen a few at the local public range and even less LEO's shooting them.

Next! Short trigger for the Sig P 250 9mm. I had a P250 Sub Compact in 40 S&W but just never did well with it gave it to my brother. We will see.

Edited by jerry52

This gun has a great grip, is dead on accurate,even though the sights are fixed plastic and recoil is nothing. I wounder why it never became popular like other guns.

Because its not a $2000 Kimber.

That, plus people dont like the heavy trigger. N00bs complain about it, but it was actually designed that way to help old cops transition from revolvers, which typically have a heavy trigger too. The proprietary rail system didnt help either.

IIRC the Sigma design uses the trigger pull spring to also fire the striker. Some people would cut coils off their trigger spring and then start getting light strikes. Polishing seems to be the trick though. Make sure you thoroughly test before trusting your life to ANY weapon.

Im still looking for one of these in OD at a good price.

Using Factory striker because I know the conversion springs are to light. Rails no problem because I do not put stuff on a gun. Removed pig tale spring and replaced outer trigger spring with conversion I know works (not  ink pen spring). I have tried other springs like apex but I like this one better

I have a few more to work on, but this is the first one I have owned.

Good carry gun

I have a sigma 9mm    I like it.   tell me more about the trigger mods you did.    my trigger is rough and like 10lbs pull

PM me and I will tell you where to get the trigger spring and how to smooth out the grit with a smooooth reset .

Edited by jerry52
This gun has a great grip, is dead on accurate,even though the sights are fixed plastic and recoil is nothing. I wounder why it never became popular like other guns. I can say I only have seen a few at the local public range and even less LEO's shooting them.

I don't know but a friend who is a Cincinnati Police detective told me that their SWAT team didn't like the Sigmas.  Smith & Wesson consulted with the Cincinnati Police when they developed the M&P and later adopted it in 9mm.  The sheriff went to M&P in .40 S&W.

I wounder why it never became popular like other guns. I can say I only have seen a few at the local public range and even less LEO's shooting them.

In short, because it's a Glock without the Glock aftermarket parts - same action, but zero interchangeable parts and expensive, proprietary mags.

Also, it has that shit trigger you had to work so hard to fix. It's just a cheap Glock rip-off. It has no advantage over the real deal except for the price. I bought one cheaply several years ago, and was glad when another forum member wanted it in trade for a K31.

Also, it has that shit trigger you had to work so hard to fix. It's just a cheap Glock rip-off. It has no advantage over the real deal except for the price. I bought one cheaply several years ago, and was glad when another forum member wanted it in trade for a K31.

I carry a Glock or an XDM when I work no argument here. I just posted about a free gun I tweaked and it runs great.

The post was about fixing the shit trigger. It's a pastime of mine to make bad guns into good guns that will work for the owners.

The other free gun was a Sig P250 c 9mm. might put a short trigger in it.

I must say that the Sigma in 9mm is very accurate and it has plastic sights. Only ran 50 rounds through it no need to shoot it any more it was right on (kind of fun to shoot) but then I have a lot of guns to shoot and so little time.

It's just a cheap Glock rip-off. It has no advantage over the real deal except for the price.

Thats exactly why its perfect for what it does. I can stash TWO new Sigmas around the house and cars for the price of a single used Glock. I will care half as much if they are stolen out of my trunk. But they still go BANG when I need them to.